Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sight in for 100 meters? 25 meters? I thought I read something about sighting in 5.45 at 25 meters then its battle sighted for up to 200 meters or something like that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think it may depend on a few things...
if you have a PSOP rangefinder scope, I believe you need to sight in for 100 meters, so that the rangefinder will be accurate.
Also, how far do you plan to shoot with it?
If you're using the iron sights, maybe 25 meters would be ok... I'm not familiar with the trajectory of that cartridge...
I guess I'm no help at all...lol

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is just for iron sights, no way to scope the underfolder without putting on an Ultimak. My eyesight isn't the best so I'm just looking for 1 to 200 meters.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
Sight in for 100 meters? 25 meters? I thought I read something about sighting in 5.45 at 25 meters then its battle sighted for up to 200 meters or something like that.
You are talking about sighting a 5.56 caliber. That's what my friend does with his AR... uses the "official" sight target at 25 yards.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ok, 5.45 and 5.56 have fairly similar trajectories right? Campybob suggested I zero in at 109 yards and I'll be good for 50 to 200 yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts