Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Produced this little "gem". I'm at a truly at a loss for words.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=17560139

Please note it "Can only be shipped where local laws prohibits" :jail:

At least his grammar is right on par with the craftsmanship of whatever that abomination of a Kalishnikov is! "Buy It Now" price only $750! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Evil_Walks said:
...Produced this little "gem". I'm at a truly at a loss for words.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=17560139

Please note it "Can only be shipped where local laws prohibits" :jail:

At least his grammar is right on par with the craftsmanship of whatever that abomination of a Kalishnikov is! "Buy It Now" price only $750! :lol:
Is it me or is that a homemade receiver? And even though I make grammatical mistakes at times (we all do), I feel if someone is selling something then they should take the time to spell check their auction before listing it.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I wonder what the ATF will do after they get $5.00 "pussed" to them. Let me see...what shall we do...what kind of license should we issue...maybe we should have a look at this more closely... :scared:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see alot of oddities on those sites. I aways laugh when I see the "rare" NHM91's for $699 and "rare" SARs for $450 but that particular little firearm caught me by surprise. The seller has good feedback posted and has some other firearms up for sale (I honestly don't know enough about Mausers to comment).

That receiver is what really caught my eye first. The finish and lack of screws/rivets and apparent lack of any markings. And that dubious potential "third hole". The angle of the top pic makes it difficult to see for sure but the fsb appears to have been cut so drastically that it couldn't possibly align with the rear sight leaf. Definitely an oddball, I'll keep an eye on it out of curiousity. My compliments to those of you who build your own, I haven't even considered attempting it but I've seen the home builder can turn out some nice looking AK's.

Anyone here know enough about the do's and dont's regarding AOW's to comment? I know there's a company selling a neat little unit for around $1000 built on a milled receiver, no more practical than the one in the auction but nicer looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
He says it falls under other weapons? I assume he means a class 3 AOW(any other weapon), right? The transfer fee for AOW's are $5 and require a Form 4. The thing about AOW's and many other class 3 firearms are the specific state regulations that govern the sales of these types of firearms. This is where the state laws get really nit picky. Check this link for a list of all states and what they allow:http://www.mp5.net/home.htm. Another thing that I think would make this sale pretty hard to make to an individual citizen, is the fact that the ATF form 4 must be filled out specifically for this firearm when it is tranferred. Generally, I hear people wait a few months to get the go ahead from the ATF, not to mention all the leg work you have to do yourself, including getting a signature from you Chief Law Enforcement officer unless you are incorporated. So, I guess perhaps a "civilian" could buy this gun from the individual and then get the serial number and specifics, apply for the tranfer and then wait for the paperwork. But it sure would be a pain in the ass! On the other hand if you have the right FFL, don't remember the type, I don't think you'd have as many problems.

I've really been interested in loooking into the Class 3 weapons lately. They are very pricey but are a great investment and you don't normally see alot of at the range with their own full auto weapons. I've thought about maybe starting out with a silencer for my AK or Glock, and then jumping up to a firearm. Transfer fee for most class 3 weapons is $200, not $5. Anyone around here have any class 3 firearms or silencers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's another Gunbroker fraudster:

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=18443372

This is at least the second time he has hawked this same rifle. Why? Because I handled the transfer to his earlier customer and called his attention to the obvious "home conversion" to "Rare Limited Production" (it wasn't hard, he didn't even completely remove the anodizing from the receiver or trigger guard). A call to Colt confirmed no such "special edition" with "nickle" finish ever produced. It's rare alright....only one around.

The seller begrudingly refunded the money, claimed ignorance, and then RELISTED the item with the EXACT SAME DESCRIPTION. He doesn't like being questioned about it either. In fact, he's down right sensitive on the subject.

I hate "professionals" like this in our hobby. They cast us all in a bad light and are to me the equivalant of the cheezy used car dealer stereotype. Unfortunately, they are all over the place on Gunbroker, Auction Arms, and Guns America. I guess there must be money in compromising your integrity.

Saleen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts