Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing with photoshop. Is this possible? A sleave gas tube would have to run inside the rear sight block is what I am thinking.

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you can get full bolt travel it should.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
hay I want that sight - gasblock .. haha

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
I want one of those cleaning rods and a set of those handguards.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might would want to put a krink style booster break on it so you would have enough gas pressure to cycle the bolt. It would add to the length but it would probably be a neccessity. Also leave a tad more room for the handguard retainer to move far enough forward to romove the handguard. Use an AK 102 front sight on it. Cool concept though. Im thinking a .30 MP5 type deal here. Yes an extended gas tube so the piston dont jump out. I think its a doable concept. I like it.. But I think the ATF would like that stock even more LOL....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stock has been shortened considerably on the photoshopped pic.

It should function fine without the booster.

I got to many irons in the fire to tackle it right now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you guys think of this idea for pistol and shorty builds.

I know this has been done before.

It will place the front sight higher than normal like the AKSU version does so I will either have to crank the rear sight up higher or install an AKSU hinge block and top cover.

Before ---------------- & ----------------- After ------------------- And Shortest

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Fargo said:
It should function fine without the booster.
no it won't.............I took off my booster on my SBR AKS-74U for shits and giggles just to see if it will work.........nope, fired the round, but didn't cycle.....and that looks to be even a shorter barrel.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
W.T. Sherman said:
I took off my booster on my SBR AKS-74U for shits and giggles just to see if it will work.........nope, fired the round, but didn't cycle....
Something is wrong. Your AKSU should function fine without the booster in place. Was your ammo cold? Could have been that if you left it in your car overnight you would have lost enough energy that it wouldnt allow your Krink to fire.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have shot 6 diffrent Krinks and they all have worked just fine without the booster on the barrel

·
Registered
704 Posts
I just made a short barrel 9" counting the threads and it runs like a scalded cat from what the guy I made it for tells me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can get a gas block/sight for www.vulcanarmament.com for $90. They use them on their V47 series rilfe. I love mine V47-210.

·
Registered
704 Posts
God thats twice what a Romanian carbine combo site costs from K-Var.

·
sumbitch
455 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
OHHHHHHHHHH I want one of those.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Fargo said:
Notice the rear sight popping up?:scared:
Fargo
That's probably another reason why a Krink doesn't have that setup.

That's not a '74 and appears to be just a chopped-down '47.

There are probably 2 reasons that sight would pop up like that - It looked either (1) almost as if the carrier's travel was violent enough that it was hitting the sight spring, causing it to flip up, or (2) it is more likely that the blast from the vented gas of such a short-stroked rifle vents against the sight, causing it to jump like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts