Gunco Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
grabbed this a couple weeks ago , thought it would be a neat addition to my P08's , these were not really top shelf when they were new so i was a bit nervous , its a early Stoeger .22 Lugar (1960's) , while i was waiting on the back ground check a ruger Wrangler caught my eye and it came home with me that day as well , went back , loaded both , 25 yards off hand , 8 out of 8 on a 8x8 gong with the Lugar

wrangler 2 out of six , reloaded , same thing , dropped back to 40 yards with the Lugar and 7 out of 8 off hand , moved up to 15 yards with the Wrangler barely hit 3 out of 6 ,set up a bench and rest and the wrangler was a foot low and shooting wide left and right , no exaggeration , i was aiming at one target and hitting a totally different target off rest at 15 yards , you could play russian roulette with it and not break a sweat the pistol i thought was iffy is a tack driver , bouncing around for half a century , the pistol that was brand spanking new was a shotgun , serious problems , too it back to my guy and hes going through the Ruger Rep to see WTF is going on ,lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always thought they were great looking guns and very useful in 22lr.
the sights on it are crude , very thick FS Blade , but i wasnt expecting the ability to doink an 8x8 at 40 yards off hand with it at will ,very pleasantly surprised

1 - 4 of 4 Posts