Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oh, it's just Coconut Telegraph stuff.
"I know a guy whose sister's cousin's brother-in-law knows this guy who grandfather lives in Poland who says we are gonna get 5K-10K Tantal kits, thay are all gonna be brand new and cost $99 each" :rolleyes:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
:D Tantals for Polocks!! Tantal for Polocks!!
I should get one for free.

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
I call GLOBAL yesterday, she told me these kits are coming , go check their website, it said it's coming Feb

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I wonder what model they will be.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
WOW!! I wonder how much they'll be?

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
As far as I can figure there are two models (but three types) that could have the posibility of coming in. The early wz. 88's with the bakelite like handguards(5.45x39), later wz 88's with the black ak74 handguards (also 5.45) or the wz 90's in 5.56x45.
I doubt they will be the wz 90's but that would be pretty cool. I had thought they has sold off all the early wz88's, so my money is on the late wz88's. What do you think?

I may have to go do a recon of brand x's polish forum.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I am the one that started that rumor.
My info comes from 2 sources
(1) Directly from a source in poland- this source is different the 2 I listed elsewhere
(2) I spoke to Jimmy months ago about polish items

There will be NO wz90's imported at all.
They will be all wz88's in both configuations, most in the later model.
There is 5K of them coming in the first batch.
There will be some extra mags coming in as well.
Don't expect alot of "MINT" kits, most will have wear.

I also know about some other stuff in the works but I can't say until later in the year.
Deals are still being hammered out.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
also..
They will range from $100 to $160 depending on condition.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Good to note. I'll have to save up for a couple thanks DrugRunR.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tantal
What does the name refer to ,as in special,country of origin,brand,quality or
whatever.Any sources of info or pics.
Newbie Thanks

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Thanks for the link Vis. They state that tantals have tritium night sights, did any of the earlier kits have them?

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Seeing that pic makes me want to build a 5.45.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
The above picture looks like it is BLAZEONE's tantal.

I don't have mine laid out in a fancy background but here are some of mine

I answer some of your questions
(1) The left hand selector controls RATE OF FIRE 1-3-30(full), the right hand selector is just SAFE/FIRE

(2) The selector lever on a tantal is lower then a standard AK.

(3) The receiver was modified by Marc Krebs of Krebs Customs. I sent him a built rifle

(4) How much I got into the whole gun @$900 - $450 kit, $60 receiver, $30 FCG, $300 krebs)

(5) What did krebs do for that much money - He replaced the gas piston with one of the ones he makes (Hot barrel's ones look better IMHO), Welded up the selector holes. Milled a new hole for the right hand selector. Welded in a dummy shaft for the left hand selector. Modified the the trigger to work with the now lower safety. Modified the hammer to clear the bolt carrier (ak-74 mod). Made me purchase a US MADE break ($10). Painted the whole thing.

(6) Why so much for the kit - originally there were only a couple hundred Tantal kits imported. They sold for around $250. I had to really search to get one. I traded 10 5.56 Polish 30rd mags for the kit

(7) Are those bare spots in the paint finish- Nope, that is peices of metal that stuck to the oil off of my work bench.

The upper handguard is UNIQUE to the tantal and there are NO replacements to be had anywhere (none in poland, I tried).
The lower is standard, same with the pistol grip.
The muzzle break is unique to the tantal, and it is threaded standard 14x1 LH thread. The break is LONG so it makes the gun look really long.
The folding stock is almost like a East german, but has some small difference which I will not go into right now.
It has a standard rear trunion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts