Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I got my three "rusty" flats today and I can't seem to find any rust on them! Now I wish I had bought more.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Thanatos, Nice score.

That's the way things seem to go, You buy cautiously, prepared for the worst, and it ends up being a nice piece.
If you jump on it hard, they end up being not what you hoped for.

Sometimes You just can't win.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I need to order some before they run out of them. I have found in the past that if you leave new flats the way they come from Tapco, they will eventually develop surface rust too. I try to swab mine down with a bit of oil then wrap them back up if I think I'll be holding on to them for a while.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
I need to order some before they run out of them. I have found in the past that if you leave new flats the way they come from Tapco, they will eventually develop surface rust too. I try to swab mine down with a bit of oil then wrap them back up if I think I'll be holding on to them for a while.
I to put oil on them when received and put them into a freezer bag.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think there out of them,the listing is still on there hot list site, but there is no pic,which I believe means out of stock.(I maybe wrong).I dont have jig but I was gonnna pick a few up just in case I come across someone that does...

·
Registered
681 Posts
I got a couple... not far off from the 20 dollar ones... rust spots rub off with very light steel wool.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Byg said:
I think there out of them,the listing is still on there hot list site, but there is no pic,which I believe means out of stock.(I maybe wrong).I dont have jig but I was gonnna pick a few up just in case I come across someone that does...
I don't think they used pictures since they already had them for the non-surface rust ones.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would order some if you didn't already. Who knows, if they are out of the "rusted" ones, maybe they will substitute "clean" ones.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just recieved my 8 tapco surface rusted flats and there is a problem..................

No rust whatsoever, looks just like the 19.95 flats I have bought!! Great deal, I hope some of you got in on this.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Anyone know if they still have any left? I mean.... any left at all?

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
ordered three from Tony today, no problem

·
Registered
158 Posts
Out of all of the ones that I received , only three had any signs of rust , actually it is more of a stain or discolorization.

Absolutely no problem ! When they are bead blasted before parkerizing , the stains will be nothing but a memory.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Triangle 66 said:
Out of all of the ones that I received , only three had any signs of rust , actually it is more of a stain or discolorization.

Absolutely no problem ! When they are bead blasted before parkerizing , the stains will be nothing but a memory.
exactly what I found. DON"T BE SCARED OF THESE!!!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with them.
I scuffed mine with steel wool for about 30 seconds, if that, and misted with weasle piss. Just like brand spankin new!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thealien said:
I just recieved my 8 tapco surface rusted flats and there is a problem..................
No rust whatsoever, looks just like the 19.95 flats I have bought!! Great deal, I hope some of you got in on this.
Just got my order of 4 flats and got the same...."ABSOLUTLY NO RUST", perfect!!!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I placed my order on monday and will pick them up on friday.(pay day) On monday they only had 12 left, hurry up and order them!

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
I bought 4 of the flats and a few of the G1 and L1A1 flash hiders a couple weeks ago. Those FAL parts will make nice barrel extensions for a couple of AMD-65s!

I have to laugh at what they called "rust". It looked more like someone had spilled coke on the wrapper. I failed to find the "rust" on any of the flats.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts