Gunco Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed mt G2 fcg in my sar-2 the other day,and man is the trigger pull light...I dont have a scale or anythng to measure but it seems too light to me.
does anybody else think it is awfully light??I like it,just it will take some getting use to.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
My first question is , when you say too light, dose if feel safe? or dose it go off with just a touch? :scared: I personaly do feel that it can be too sensitive. If you feel it is enough to be safe then get adjusted to it and enjoy :rockin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it is safe just not use to that light of a pull,I will have to get use to it I guess..

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
let the fun begin. did you have good luck putting in the g2 fcg ? any supprizes or difficulties?

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Do you have a meat scale or a fish weight scale? I suppose you could rig something that used soup cans tied to a string, if anything else. It would be interesting to find what the trigger pull is set to. Mine is really nice, I want to say around 4 lbs and feels very very smooth.

If you are used to the "original" trigger pull it is probably much more rough than the new one, and that makes a big difference too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope no problem..I have the RSA in my sar-1.But then again it is adjustable..It could be around 4lbs I guess that is about right for the G2

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Yeah when you go from a "poor" trigger to a good trigger its like night and day. I would guess that most "combat" triggers are higher pull than target/match quality triggers, as a general rule of thumb.

I bet if you took a dremel felt polishing wheel & buffing compound that you could get a nasty trigger relatively smooth. Seems like the Romanian AK page had some info for this but I've always had nice triggers so I've never looked too hard.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Is the TAPCO unit single or two stage? I have always liked the two stage trigger system, let's me know just what going on when I pull the trigger.

I know that you can make the RSA FCG either single or two stage but don't know about the TAPCO unit. As I don't have either type, I'm going on what others have said.

I have the Lyman digital trigger pull gauge (very nice) to tell me what the trigger is set at. For my AR15 target rifle, trigger pull is set at 3.5 lbs., first stage is 2.5 lbs, second stage 1.0 lbs.

My DCM AR15 match service rifle is set to the legal 4.5 lbs., first stage 3lbs, second stage 1.5 lbs.

Both of these are for target work, for anything used in a combat/self defense type mode I would want at least a 4.5 - 6 lb pull (maybe closer to the 6lb weight).

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Okay, I decided to check my two AKM's (WASR-10/SAR-1) trigger pull. The results are as follows:

WASR-10

1st
Stage 3.7 lbs. or 3.8 lbs. (With Disconnector Engaged)

2nd
Stage 1.29 lbs. or 1.08 lbs. (With Disconnector Engaged)
----------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL 4.99 lbs. or 4.88 lbs. (With Disconnector Engaged)

SAR-1

1st
Stage 4.73 lbs. or 4.44 lbs. (With Disconnector Engaged)

2nd
Stage 1.83 lbs. or 1.84 lbs. (With Disconnector Engaged)
----------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL 6.60 lbs. or 6.31 lbs. (With Disconnector Engaged)

The SAR-1 is NIB and the WASR-10 has had the trigger slap and FCG polish mods. Both triggers are two stage and very smooth, however the 2nd stage is long. I hope this comparison helps but you do need to have some way to know the trigger weight. As you can see when you keep the trigger back to engage the disconnector the overall trigger weight is less.

I tried to add this to my previous post but "AGAIN" I missed the 60 minute edit time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is the hammer in correctly? If it is in reversed it will be a very light trigger pull to release. I know cause I installed one the wrong way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts