Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'll tell you why they dont understand.

After watching "The Great Gun Debate," I was awakened to a simple fact. As`Wayne LaPierre said repeatedly, "Americans are the freest people on Earth." People in other countries resent that. They demand we give up our Bill of Rights and join other countries, whose citizens have bargained away freedoms for promised security from crime, war, and global warming. They view us as selfish for refusing to relinquish our liberties, including those of our First Amendment. George Soros' mouthpiece, Rebecca Peters, criticized the First Amendment as allowing people to lie whenever they wanted about whatever they pleased. Until we join their "Open Society" governed by one international body, Americans will be condemned, mostly from envy.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I think it is more than resentment. They do not understand freedom. You have to be raised with it so it is second nature. We take it for granted. That is not how they are taught and of course, we are in danger of not being taught that anymore either.

In my prior career, I worked with many Europeans through working over there or when they transferred here.

They admire what they called the "American lifestyle" but they do not understand it. They fear it. They don't think they can cut it. Many who come here to live embrace the cultural and financial freedom (especially low cost and availability of everything) but very quickly start to lobby for and expect the nanny protections they have been raised with. They also have a tough time with the lack of class distinctions and status.

I have known a very few who figured it out, but they were mostly from ex-com bloc countries not the advanced West.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Why must we explain to people in a country with a Queen why we elected our President?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts