Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested my AMD-65 today,I dont have headspace guages so I took it to Ohio Rapid Fire and had them check it.They said I did a good job on the build,made me feel good..Anyways they said I was ready to rock -n-roll.So off to the range which is paper and no rapid fire.I just shot strictly to test the fuction and for fun, no accuracy.Sure puts the fireball out,and louder than hell the recoil isnt much I guess due to the brake.She worked perfectly :rockin:.Do you guys ever get that weird scary feeling when ya first fire a rifle ya built.Cant explain it but it is freaky..(I guess it fadesw/experience)I figured since the headspace was ok what could go wrong.So the first build was a success YEAAAAAA!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Awesome! Good to hear man!!!

Yeah, I get that feeling every time I go to test a new build. I remember my first 1911 build. Though it wasn't likely, I couldn't get rid of the picture of the firing pin bursting out the back and into my eyeball. I tried to get my friend to test it first, but it didn't help that I mentioned my fear. :)

Co7t

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
well i have been known to do the [fire behind the tree trick]. i stand bheind the tree and hold the rifle around the tree and fire one :scared: . then do a full check repeat after i get 4 or 5 out i feel pretty good. i have to admit i fire allmost 100 from the hip before i bring it to my sholder . it just seems easy to be a little extra safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.