Gunco Forums banner

Thanks! (A post for all members and vendors)

771 views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Cowdawg 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that makes this place what it is. Many of you realize that I have been very active gaining support and alliances to help Gunco along, but I want to thank all the people who have helped and done even small things for us. I'm just a small part of what goes here and it really boils down to the great members.

First, let me thank all members! Without you Gunco wouldn't be as great, would it?

Second, the donors and 2 early donors come to mind. Lupeloff and Gunny Smith, both of their contributions were larger than what we would ever expect. Because of them we were able to get Picyard up and do a few other things. In no way do I want to reduce the donations of other members and we thank them as well. Lets not forget the guys like mbadboyz and Polish Taipan for getting us our T-shirts. Then Preacher and Cephus for getting the first annual Gunco family reunion setup as I type. Z_recto, Diverdown, and DrugRunR for donating a lot of peices and parts for small gifts for our contests.

Third, the vendors and sponsors. Ohio Rapid Fire, K-var, DPH arms, Lois at Centerfire Systems, CNC Gunsmithing, Weaponeer, Coldsteel , Jnewt, and BlackJack Buffers.

All these vendors have pitched in to make our contests and board better for all.

Fourth, the craftsman here like Hotbarrel for making pistons and too many others to list that make little tools and document building processes.

Fifth, the mods here that help make it a great and respectful.

Sixth, the every day gang that posts here and you know who you are! All the people who post here daily to make it fun! I'd list names, but that would take all day.

Seventh, other boards FFF, AR15.com/AK47.net, Falfiles/AKfiles, and a few other places for helping us out with a few things and mainly just being co-operative and not predatory about our existance on the web.

Lastly, there is a guy who works behind the scenes real hard here and he doesn't even want any recognition. He is Tom the webmaster and he does have another name here as well. He really knows his stuff and has done some great work on many websites and technical details firearm related and others. He is the grease in the bearings here and the reason we exist. He just likes to be left alone to do his work and he does a good job of it.

To all, have a great 2005 and look for good things to come here at Gunco. We are striving to make this more than just a message board and I'm sure you will see things happeneing here over the next year that you might not have seen before.

:thankyou:

See less See more
#6 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Gunco is a really great place to play. I hope it continues to grow.
Same here,,,,you guy's deserve it!
Very well done.

#8 ·
Lupeloff said:
Great job GUNCO, thanks for giving me a place to chat with old friends and make new ones. This is a quality site. I am honored to call you guys Friends.
I'm with Lupe on that. And DorGunR and Custer and 75 Singray and Cephus and Strange Destiny and Preacher and the rest of you guys out there. Sangrun, thank you for making this place available to all of us.

#14 ·
+1 for all the comments above. Special thanks to Sang and Tom for this great site. Also thanks to everyone for their knowledge, help, entertainment, comradery and yes! even your disputes. May things get even better in '05!!!

:thankyou: :notworthy :rockin: :woo: :wave:

#15 ·
Yep, this forum has become one of the best forums I've ever belonged to. We can talk about things and even disagree without going off the deep end and calling each other names and posting obscene smilies, etc. :thumbup1:

#17 ·
Chromebolt said:
This is still a board in its infancy. But by keeping this a civil forum it attracts the those wising to debate and share information instead of name calling and personal bashing. And you can see by it's membership this plan is working.

Chromebolt
We try and it doesn't mean we'll turn people away either even if they are edgy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.