Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question

Iraq reminds me of Panama.
If these bad guys (General Noriega, Saddam) are so evil that we are willing to kill those who wish to defend them, and we are willing to let our own troops die to get the head honcho bad guys, then why don't we kill the bad guys when we find them?

All these American soldiers died, and all those Panamanian and Iraqies died so that we could put Gen Noriega and Saddam on trial?

Granted: there is no chance that Saddam will ever be found innocent . . . , but why the formality?

By the way, it's hard to figure out what mood a forum post is written in (sarcasm, anger), so let me clarify: I'm really just curious about this. My history and government teachers couldn't explain why we did what we did in Panama, so I'm wondering about yall's opinions.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Revolver_Ocelet,

I wonder that myself many times especially when it comes to this Fallujah siege we have going on. Personally I see no reason to negotiate with those insurgents. The waiting just gets more of our boys killed. We have gone too PC for waging war, being careful is fine, but so careful it makes us look weak?

War is war and those that strike the quickest with the most force to eliminate the bad seed.

I wish we could learn that again...... :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts