Gunco Forums banner

The Movie Troy, With Llama?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Taz38 
#1 · (Edited)
Am I going nuts or do they really have Llama in the Middle East? Troy was released today and I bought the DVD, I sat down and was surprised to see two Llama passing through the bottom of a scene showing the city streets. I know a Llama when I see one because I?ve raised them in my past. Later I was looking at the second disk with the extras and saw that a large part of the film was filmed in Mexico, yep they?ve got Llama in Mexico and some idiot put them in the film thinking people are too stupid to know the difference.

From the Internet.
llama, South American domesticated hoofed mammal, Lama glama, of the camel family. Genetic studies indicate that it is descended from the guanaco. Smaller than the camel and lacking a hump, it somewhat resembles a large sheep with a long neck, camellike face, and long ears. It may be brown, white, black, or piebald. Llamas live in herds, owned by the indigenous population, on the high plains of the Andes Mts.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah, how about the extras in Tide-eye (or however you spell it) togas.

#3 ·
You are surprised by this......why?

#5 ·
Yep, I forgot the tie-dyed toga?s, very 1960?s man. The movie was OK in as far as the huge battle scenes but some of the dialog stunk. Pitt was good till he opened his mouth (I kept thinking ?Ocean?s Eleven?), and they made Orlando Bloom (Paris) look like a coward for most of the movie. Eric Bana as Hector and Peter O?Toole as Troy?s King Priam were both well done, This was O?Toole?s last film and I?m glad it was a good part and well played.

#6 ·
Both Troy and Alexander are such stankin' crocks of crap, they dont make wild horses srong enough to drag me to either film.
Its like Hollywood is trying to get something on par with Ben Hur and Cleopatra, but they used those Rhesus monkeys they do Central Nervous System damage medical testing on to write, produce, and direct.

#7 ·
D.B.Cooper said:
...but they used those Rhesus monkeys they do Central Nervous System damage medical testing on to write, produce, and direct.
I ascribe it to the writing. I'm often astonished when I see a megamillion Hollywood production that is irredeemable because the script is so awful there's no way that the movie could have been anything but awful. If Hollywood would spent a fraction on screenwriting that they do on special effects, their movies would be much, much better. I often find myself thinking, "Didn't anyone read the script for this turkey and notice that it sucked?"

Some of my favorite movies rely entirely on screenwriting. Anyone remember, "My Dinner with Andre"? Movie is comprised entirely of the conversation between two guys having dinner. Excellent flick!

#8 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
I've heard that movie is a real stinker, that the best thing about it is seeing Brad Pitt in a leather miniskirt.
I just watched the movie and it wasn't that bad--of course I did go off into fantasy land after catching a glimpse of half nekkid Brad :smoke:

seriously it wasn't that bad I would watch it again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.