Gunco Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I'm glad Sandy is home, tired of my own cooking. The smell of all the things she is cooking is driving me to sneak some bites here and there.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The house smells wonderful. There is a brisket roasting in the oven, not just a regular brisket but one with a southwestern style rub. We are having a Texas X-mas dinner, complete with borracho beans, cornbread, potato salad. (yummy, slobber, slobber, drool, drool) It must be time to eat!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
My wife is just about ready to put a standing rib roast in the oven. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
PjS said:
YUM! What is Christmas without some great eating!
Yeah, PjS............and I forgot to mention the Yorkshire pudding.:biggrin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
DorGunR said:
Yeah, PjS............and I forgot to mention the Yorkshire pudding.:biggrin:
Ya know, after living here in England for six years, I have failed to see the love for Yorkshire pudding. It's OK, but nothing to get all that excited about?

I guess it equates to our love for cranberry sauce....:D Now, THAT is something to get excited about! :lol:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mince meat pie, my favorite thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lupeloff said:
Mince meat pie, my favorite thing.
Do you like the real meat ones, or the fruit ones? I've not seen the real meat ones (well, not called mince meat, anyhoo), but I've had the fruit ones. Tastes like fruitcake with a crust on it. :D

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
PjS said:
Ya know, after living here in England for six years, I have failed to see the love for Yorkshire pudding. It's OK, but nothing to get all that excited about?

I guess it equates to our love for cranberry sauce....:D Now, THAT is something to get excited about! :lol:
Yeah but I spent four years in Germany and never grew tired of Wiener Schnitzel.............. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:) Whatever is in that big exspensive jar at Wal-Mart.:)

EDIT: I was gonna read the label, but Sandy already took out the trash.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a cool photo of Sandy and her handywork, but I have no way to size it. I'll post it when the photo server is up.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Cephus said:
Hey ************ My soon to be son-in-law just came in from germany and he loves the food and drink over there but in Nov. he gets to go back to Iraq and he would rather eat in the messhall there wonder why.
Cephus......that boy has gotta be sick........or mess hall food has improved an awful lot since I was in the Army.:biggrin:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
A few years ago a good friend was CO of a local (CA) SF National Guard unit and he gave me some MRE's.........you're right, they beat C-Rats hands down.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
We had a spiral glazed ham last night for dinner.

I think I will fry up a few pieces for breakfast in a little while.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Custer said:
We had a spiral glazed ham last night for dinner.

I think I will fry up a few pieces for breakfast in a little while.

Ham sandwitch with cajun mustard= YUM!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts