Gunco Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i am going to start working out. We got a total gym which has never been used, and a new tread mill. I am wanting to see how much muscle i can put on between now and the time I get my licence back. Since i have not drank much in the last week, I really don't care too. Its those damn cigarettes that are hard to quit!!:mad:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Not drinking "much", eh? Well, I can just about tell you that's not going to last very long. Most likely, you are going to have to either stop drinking completely, or resign your fate to that of an alcoholic. What you have posted about yourself, and your problems with drinking is that of a classic alcoholic. Having one or two drinks is far more difficult than eating just one potato chip.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pogo I fell better. I think I will be alright. I want to buff up now.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Don't try so stop drinking and smoking at the same time. Stop drinking first, do one thing at a time. It's easier on your mind.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
OK, good start.
Let's try for a balanced, healthy lifestyle. No booze, moderate exercise to start, 8hrs sleep per night. Try cutting back on the caffeine, and maybe sign up for a T'ai Chi Chuan class (or at least buy a book. The best work out you will ever have, if done properly). Maybe buy yourself a book on Zen. You need to center yourself before going further on with your life.
"The longest journey begins with a single step."

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Ah gots da powuh.......

Just so you don't end up looking like this............:sick:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Pogo and Aviator gave good advice Peacemaker. Come on Man, Beat this!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I got it. It took me five years but I finally gratuated from high school. lol

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
I agree with those that say quit drinking 1st. Then when you are ready to quit smoking try the gum, and if you are a heavy smoker double up the 1st week. I was a 3-4 pack a day smoker till my daughter was 2 and my ex, a pharmacist, sent me a box and it really helped. Plus it taste much better nowadays. Good luck with every thing and please don't get real down on your self if you do fall once or twice, just start over, as it gets easier with time.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Jake, I hope you take this the right way.

You jump from notion to notion but don't stick to anything. You need to develop some focus and staying power on things you decide to do.

Without that, all you are going to do is ricochet through life and that is not a good way to get anywhere intended.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I hear what you're saying about the cigarettes!! I second that you shouldn't try quiting them just yet, take it from me. I quit drinking ten years ago this week. I wasn't going to mention it on the forum but for some reason it seems like an ok idea right now. I just want you to know that there is someone else on the forum thats sober. Feel free to PM me anytime. Getting in shape sounds great, I need to get back in shape. Its been a couple years since Ive done a race or anything, no mountain climbing either. I know focus will be hard for you like others are suggesting but exercise will help you with that. Nothing clears my head like a 50 mile bike ride, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts