Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of renting out my headspacing guages (7.62x39) to other members to recover some of the money I put in them. Any of you guys interested or think this is a good/bad idea? Pretty much operate it like WJM and his threading kit. Not sure on price, maybe 5-10 bucks?

I know I didn't want to pay 60 bucks to headspace two rifles and I thought this would be a good solution to others.
-Tim

·
Registered
825 Posts
romack991 said:
I've been thinking of renting out my headspacing guages (7.62x39) to other members to recover some of the money I put in them. Any of you guys interested or think this is a good/bad idea? Pretty much operate it like WJM and his threading kit. Not sure on price, maybe 5-10 bucks?

I know I didn't want to pay 60 bucks to headspace two rifles and I thought this would be a good solution to others.
-Tim
It would be a great service. I already have been ordering my various gauges......a day late and a dollar short again!!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
romack991 said:

-Tim
Sounds like a good idea to me, Recouping your investment and contributing to the public safety. Some of these headspace checking methods without gauges I see posted sound scary to me. But, what the hell do I know! I say do it. Unfortunately, like gtbehary I already have them. At 60 a pop to purchase, I'm sure some would prefer to rent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what i was thinking.

now i have to write up some instructions and take a few pics.

my biggest concern is if someone was to do it wrong and then get hurt and blame/sue me.

·
Registered
832 Posts
romack991 said:
my biggest concern is if someone was to do it wrong and then get hurt and blame/sue me.

Post this on the forum and in a note with the gauges.

Home gunsmithing is a fatally hazardous activity.
Rental of these Headspace gauges will cause certain Death.
Persons renting these affirm that their usage will lead to Death.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts