Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some threads in a cowboy shooting forum, and ran accross this one:

"I was at the range yesterday and there was a couple that came up shortly after i arrived and set up on the bench next to me. we atarted talking and they said how they had just gotten into shooting and reloading. This was their first trip to thr range using there own reloaded ammo so on and so on. she goes to let loose a round and all i hear i a "pop" from a primer only. well not knowing any better he tells her he didn't see where it had gone and tells her rack another one in i stop them before she does and they wind up having a bullet in barrel condition.

I start asking them about their loading process and loads and he insisted they had been very careful and had been sure there had been powder in each one. We go over and over their loads and everything and i finally say. maybe you need to check your powder scale. she then pipes up (and i swear this is true) "we didn't use a scale we just used twezzers (sp?)" i said "excuse me?" she says "yeah we used tweezers and counted the grains" after tring to keep from smiling and a few more questions it turns out that they took "grains" to mean individual flakes of powder. 10 grains = 10 flakes.

please please please new reloaders make sure you buy a good manual and read it cover to cover and be sure you understand it."

I'll bet them were some mild rounds. :lol:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
my Gawd..........un friggin real. :eek:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
7.62x39 said:
That is both funny and scary at the same time.
More scary than funny........thank God Pogo was at the next bench and prevented her from chambering another round. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The stupid thing people do.. I have heard of folks doing that before..

Now this just happened yesterday.. A fellow came into the shop yesterday, and asked if I could help him? He was having trouble sighting in his rifle.. I said sure, told him to bring it in, and I would boresight it for him, and expalain what to do from there..

So he goes out to his car, and brings his rifle in. When he uncases it, I immedietly see the problem.. Are you guys ready for this??? He had his scope mounted with...... Thats right DUCT TAPE!!!!! I shit you not, he had duct taped the frigin scope to a old Mauser someone had givin him, and was trying to sight it in to hunt deer... I just couldnt belive my eyes. normally I do not laught at customers, I never even laughed in the face of a kid how brought in his single shot shotgun with 2x4 forend on it.. But i busted out lauging at this guy, I just couldnt help it... The 1002 uses of duct tape..

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
That's a good one Mike. You'll get a kick outta this. A guy from our area who is a self proclaimed gun expert(no, not really, but he thought so) took an sks, removed the standard 10 round clip and replaced it with a detachable clip. Now this is where it gets fun, since the only difference between an sks & an AK47 is that the AK has the removable clip. Since he had changed the clip on his sks, that now changed it into an AK47. Cephus nicknamed this kid "Walking Ignorance." Oh boy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts