Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I smoked cigarettes for eleven years. I don't miss it, but I think if I were about to get my butt shot off in combat (pun intended) I'd reacquire the habit faster than a speeding bullet!

·
Registered
681 Posts
that poor dude's been through the mill. I actually saw that photo from an ebedded journalist's report. the journalist said that he had fought heroically, bravely, and intensely. God Bless Our Boys.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I don't think he's the least bit worried about lung disease at the moment.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Hey at least that's a step up.
Back in Nam, it probably would have been a joint :wink:

God bless our troops

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

SMOKIN'! Would that light you up?

I believe America included cigarettes in soldier's C-Rations during WW2. FDR made tobacco a protected crop.

__

Ho ho ho! ________________________Camel Advertisement__________

Times have changed!

·
Registered
206 Posts
"Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette.
Smoke, smoke, smoke, and if you smoke yourself to death,
Tell St. Peter at the Pearly Gate, "I hate to make you wait,
But I just gotta have another cigarette..."

From an old song that came out during my parents' era.

I know that tobacco helped found this country, and I certainly don't want to stomp on anyone's right to smoke, but it really is a filthy, unhealthy habit, and I'm glad I don't waste money on cancer sticks anymore!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
7.62x39 said:
Hey at least that's a step up.
Back in Nam, it probably would have been a joint :wink:

God bless our troops
Hell, that man has earned the right to smoke whatever the hell he wants.

I'd be honored to roll up anything he wanted and offer him a light. :salute:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I thought it was a great picture although "The Time's" use of the term "Marlboro men" was a little off-color. We have a Coalition of troops over there. Regardless of the fact that I'm damn proud of all the troops fighting to clean up that terrorist stronghold, I think the "NY Times" description will add fuel to the anti-American sentiment abroad. Perhaps not but there's no sense in Americanizing a war we aren't fighting alone. Just because a few countries in the UN (with checkered pasts to say the least) didn't go along, it's not only our war.

My Dad has some OD beer cans and cigarette packs from the Korean War era somewhere around here. I'd forgotton all about them until looking at the nostalgic advertisements that were posted.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
So, smoking tobacco is denied our fighting men? How about ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts