Gunco Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not exactly done, but if I wasn't so busy with helping out here I might get it done. Not too mention being in the hospital and almost dieing. Then there is the new baby and my daughter having surgery 3 times.

Hard to believe I ever got this far! Not complaining, I'm still here on the planet for my kids and wife. The rifle can wait.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still have to put in rails and and drill FCG pin holes. Oh, and I got part of a drill bit in one of the rear trunion holes. I have to trim the back end off too.

On a finish, I'm thinking of home parking it and then doing that gun kote stuff. After bead blasting. Maybe one day I'll start on my AMD 65 too, LOL

I doubt I'll use the stock furniture either, I like it and I don't.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You've got your prorities correct. The rifle will be finished when it's finished. It does look good, and will look even better when completed.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks like a start but what would I know, I've never put a whole lot of consideration into building my own. I think I'd have to start with a blackpowder kit rifle to see if I had the patience and skills. I think the factory stock set looks bitchin', it would look awesome with a drum. Overall though I guess I think the wood stocked 63's have a really unique look amongst the variety of Kalishinikovs.

Have fun with it, I'm sure we'll see the finished product in the near future.:thumbup1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts