Gunco Forums banner

Tokerev pistol into rifle ideas

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  justashooter 
#1 ·
I have a m57 pistol on the way and was thinking a conversion barrel and stock would make it into a cool little rifle much like the conversions for the 1911 45's and other pistols.

And yes im aware that one it becomes a rifle it has to stay one but a around $200 for a pistol and I have the reamer for the 7.62x25 round It would be a cheep way to get a SA x25 light weight rifle. Im not sure about doing the lug on the barrel Im guessing they are welded on????

Im looking to make some thing simular to the Browning Buckmark rifle. it will be cheaper to do than a AK conversion likely and the weight would be much less. no Hi cap mages unfortunatly but Im betting some thing could be made.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Yea I mean for $190 there cheaper than most AK kits the weight would be very light when done Im sure there are some cool stocks out there like a UZI folder or maybe even a AMD folder or a even a AR retractable would be doable.

I was thinking of maybe boring out a original barrel and pressing in a new barrel into the the link lug if there is enough meat. I will have to see what it looks like when i get it.

the x25 round is one that a longer barrel should really help as far as velocity and accuracy.

I like the idea of using a dedicated reciver frame. I may need to order a few more of these. a 22 reed would be really slick also built on one of these. Every body seems to want a cheap 7.62x25 rifle thats cheap to shoot and this might be the way to go.

I was also thinking of a longer pistol barrel with a compensator on it or possably a break.

are there any accuracy and cutom parts for these guns out there???????

Discussion starter · #12 ·
I was thinking of getting a spare frame and what ever gun it fits and moding the frame to fit my needs. that way its no big loss if it dont work out. with a frame I dont care about Im sure I could mill in or weld some type of attractive detachable stock mouting point as well a a spot to add a fore grip as well.

was thinking that a fluted barrel would reduce the weight and possably any issues associated with adding length and weight to the existing system. a 12" barrel with a perminate light weight extention would work as well and keep the weight down. Im not sure at what point the x25 round reaches dimenishing returns in regards to barrel length.

I suspose I could build a barrel insers for my H&R 20 guage and Chrony it and cut it down untill its starts slowing down.

I was thinking of stainless for the barrel.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
the barrel has locking lugs that interface with the slide I wonder if the barrel is hardened????

One I f the guns I got has a rusty barrel :( It may be a perfect candidate for some serious custom work. I ended up with my pick Of 7 diffferant guns as I got some buddys to buy some as well. several of them only had 4 didget serial numbers with a leter behind the numbers ????? im not sure if this means any thing??? it is unfortunatly the rusty barrel one the gun has no cosmoline on it at all. several have stuck safteys as well??????? 4 are like normal covered in sosmo and in good condition. I have some Ideas for a 10 or 11 round mag also

Discussion starter · #23 ·
the whole Idea for me would be to have a longer barrel to get better accuracy and velocity. a SBR stamp is a option but Id still want at least a 14" barrel.

Im am going to try to build a target version as a pistol with about a 6 or 7 inch barrel with a tighter bushing and maybe some work to tighten the slide clearance. I dont want to get to much into this at its a cheap gun but Im thinking of some thing like the tricked out 1911 45's would be cool.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I have a 18" drop in barrel for my 20 guage barrel that I use on a handi rifle reciver it fits tight and is fairly accurate. Im sure with hand loads it would be even better. to get a permanate barrel for a handi you would need to a standard barrel cut most of it off and then bore it and press a new barrel into the stub. Guys do it all the time. IMOO the insert shoots well enough for surpluss ammo and I still can shoot 20 guage through it.

I made a addapter for my 45-70 barrel as well. the tok round only burns about 65% of its powder in a short pistol barrel Ive read. I think a 6.5" barrel would really help one of these pistols as far as velocity and maybe accuray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.