Gunco Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
I was thinking more about this thread while I should have been thinking about work...... Anyway. If you are getting the TT pistol for about $200, that means you could buy a SBR tax stamp and still be at about the price of a low end AK. That would take care of any cycling issues and cut down on labor. No barrel mods. Just wait for the stamp, then drill and tap for the stock attachment.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
the whole Idea for me would be to have a longer barrel to get better accuracy and velocity. a SBR stamp is a option but Id still want at least a 14" barrel.

Im am going to try to build a target version as a pistol with about a 6 or 7 inch barrel with a tighter bushing and maybe some work to tighten the slide clearance. I dont want to get to much into this at its a cheap gun but Im thinking of some thing like the tricked out 1911 45's would be cool.

Excellent point about the added barrel length. The Tok round has enough behind it to benefit from more barrel.

I like the idea you posted earlier about making a drop in adapter for a Handi as a test platform. A permanent barrel in 7.62x25 for a Handi would make a fun little plinker.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I have a 18" drop in barrel for my 20 guage barrel that I use on a handi rifle reciver it fits tight and is fairly accurate. Im sure with hand loads it would be even better. to get a permanate barrel for a handi you would need to a standard barrel cut most of it off and then bore it and press a new barrel into the stub. Guys do it all the time. IMOO the insert shoots well enough for surpluss ammo and I still can shoot 20 guage through it.

I made a addapter for my 45-70 barrel as well. the tok round only burns about 65% of its powder in a short pistol barrel Ive read. I think a 6.5" barrel would really help one of these pistols as far as velocity and maybe accuray

I picked up one of these Barrel Blank, .30 Cal-New, Unfinished, 9'', Rifled, Threaded, Chambered & Turned and have considered using it as an extended barrel for a TOK cartridge pistol. While I have no desire to delve into the SBR or Taxable firearm realm I have given thought to maximizing the capabilities of the TOK round in a S/A handgun and for the price this seemed like a cheap way to get started. I'm figuring (with a certain level of ignorance) that the increase in velocity from the longer barrel would work with the twist rate for a .30 Carbine . I know the lighter bullet weight will factor in as well but for the price it might fit in with what 1biggun has in mind too.

i like the booster idea personally (just to let everyone know i know very little about toks)but if you had a shroud maybe have a barrel bushing booster assembly like an mg42? it would take lots of experimenting but could help things out. just an idea

small problem. Those 1911 rifles are complete slides that were made as a rifle. they were never a pistol slide. once a pistol always a pistol. The problem with using a pistol slide is that you will have ejection problems and over pressure problems as the slide was not designed for a 16" barrel (to lite) and it would have to be at least 16" or its an SBR. NFA weapon. real cool idea but not feasible.

small problem. Those 1911 rifles are complete slides that were made as a rifle. they were never a pistol slide.

once a pistol always a pistol.

real cool idea but not feasible.
the upper of the conversions is not legally a gun, at all. it's the frame that is serialised.

once a rifle always a rifle. pistols can be changed from pistol to rifle legally without invoking NFA.

agreed, not easily done as the weight of barrel would have to increase beyond ordinary functionality.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.