Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love your documentation so I thought I would take the knowledge you have given us and apply some of it. I don't know if the attachment thing will work but we will see.

Enclosed is a spreadsheet on measuring your top rails per all of your tutorials. Any comments or corrections are appreciated.

Toten Kopf thanks for sharing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I would love to see what you have done, but alas, I don't have MS-XL. But I hope to take care of that in a little bit. I have MS Office but never DL the XL portion. So I'll be doing that to read your spreadsheet. Now to find the software.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
fal_shooter...

VERY NICE, you did a great job. It's very cool that you just plug in the numbers from your build and Excel does the rest. I love the way it "Sooooooooooooo" organized!!!

I will definitely use this on my next build.

Again, you did a GREAT job.

Oh yeah, I loaded the software to use it...LOL

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the spread sheet for real for the first time last night and I was able to measure, mark, cut and fit the receiver in under 2 hours. Before I had the wonderful tutorials from Toten Kopf that job would take me two weeks. 2 hours may not seem fast to some but I'm just learning this stuff and until now I never thought I could do it that quickly. Once I've done it a few times I will be able to get it down below 2 hours.

With the spreadsheet I can premeasure my trunnions and carrier from the kit and mark and rough cut the receiver first thing then it is just a matter of a little finish fitting and filing and I'm done. His tutorials take the guess work out of building a AK. I precut everything last night then temporarly bolted in the trunnions and tried the carrier. It was smooth on the first try. 2 hits with a file later it was perfect.

It works for me and I hope it works for others. Thanks to everyone for sharing the information to make building these things so much fun.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
fal_shooter...

Just wanted to let you know that although you might think my tutorials are good, your Excel spreadsheet is the icing on the cake.

It's great that people can look at one thing and then come up with additions that make whatever it is even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts