Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok got the spring thing figured out, There is a sleave that gos through the trigger and the sear plus a spacer that goes on the right side. That sleave will not go through the trigger or sear the hole is way too small. Should I drill out the trigger and sear hole or is there something I am missing? It looks like the spacer is needed on the trigger as the sear is offset to one side. :sick:

Thanks
Brandon:thankyou:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
there are two types of trigger/sear one uses the sleeve and one does not, you dont have to have the sleeve if the hole is too small. just install them on the axis pin if there is no slop.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You will need the sleeve for the g2 FCG. I believe the sleeve was sent for the auto sear pin hole. And since we cant build full auto's you wont need it. You are going to install the G2 FCG?

·
Registered
83 Posts
TM,

I'm not being nosy, but since you're assembling the original trigger/hammer/disconnector parts, I'm wondering what "Made in the USA" parts you are using to meet the ATF requirements? Most people seem to be replacing the trigger/hammer/disconnector parts with US made components to knock off an easy three parts towards ATF compliance.

(This is actually an attempt to politely ask if you are aware of the ATF restriction on reassembly of an AK type rifle from original parts. Also be aware of the barrel length restriction requirements which affect AMD-65's)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I purchased the trigger parts group at tapco to get the USA count up. I was still wondering why the spacer was included because I had never seen one.

T M

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I think you will need to use the spacer between the disconnector and the side of the trigger, put it together on the axis pin and see.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
commanderflyer said:
Ok got the spring thing figured out, There is a sleave that gos through the trigger and the sear plus a spacer that goes on the right side. That sleave will not go through the trigger or sear the hole is way too small. Should I drill out the trigger and sear hole or is there something I am missing? It looks like the spacer is needed on the trigger as the sear is offset to one side. :sick:

Thanks
Brandon:thankyou:
As long as the trigger and disconector fit on the axis pin you dont need the sleeve. The sleeve is for dropping in the fcg as one unit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
TM,

Just my ignorance showing. I didn't know that the US made trigger groups included the spacers. The sleeve is a great idea. It really helps to put the disconnector and spring on before dropping the assembly into the receiver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My spacer and sleave came in the kit, I bought the FCG from TAPCO. Sure looks like you could use the spacer on the disconnector. By the way what is the difference in the FCG if it was made in USA or where ever, they look very much the same to me. Is this kinda the same crap that we had with the ban, some things are evil just because the government says so.

Brandon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts