Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a updated list



cowboy255 SHIPPED
rl216 SHIPPED
tiw SHIPPED
thealien SHIPPED
73cj5 SHIPPED
Triumph955i SHIPPED
good-to-go SHIPPED
polish taipan SHIPPED
slochild SHIPPED
Keiser SHIPPED
Bopleo SHIPPED
saintarctangent SHIPPED
sledgehammer SHIPPED
Hoploholic SHIPPED
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
How much are you selling these for? I might have to have one.

Mark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definitely have one left, possibly two.
I'm still waiting on one payment, if I don't see it in the next couple of days, there will be two available.

Price is $50. plus shipping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
7.62x39 said:
I definitely have one left, possibly two.
I'm still waiting on one payment, if I don't see it in the next couple of days, there will be two available.

Price is $50. plus shipping
Let us know. I want to go ahead and add one to my tool drawer.

Mark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One has been spoken for.

I have sent a PM, if I don't get a reply by Monday, The other one is yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
7.62x39 said:
One has been spoken for.

I have sent a PM, if I don't get a reply by Monday, The other one is yours.
Thanks....I really appreciate it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The above list has been updated

I have retired from the jig business.
September 14th is right around the corner, and I have several kits waiting to be assembled.

Stickerman is now making these available.
Anybody still looking for one, should contact him.
 

·
Gunco Samurai
Joined
·
3,340 Posts
7.62x39 said:
The above list has been updated

I have retired from the jig business.
September 14th is right around the corner, and I have several kits waiting to be assembled.

Stickerman is now making these available.
Anybody still looking for one, should contact him.
Thanks for the hard work for all the board members 7.62.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cephus,

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere.

Thanks for the kind words but I never had anything to do with the site you mentioned.

You might be thinking about the tutorial I did that is on the Ace site (it is, or at least was, also pinned to the top of the BIY forum at the other place)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
List updated for the final time.
All jigs have been shipped.

Anybody still looking for a TG jig, contact stickerman, he is going to start making them.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
I missed out getting one from you Max, and ordered one from stickerman. It arrived and looks great! Now for hurricane Ivan to pass by so I can get back out into my garage to try it out.
One question though - what is the best source for triggerguard rivets? I really don't want to pay k-var prices - but am not sure who else sells them. If someone has some from the rivet group buy they would like to sell, please contact me.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
chargedmr2 said:
I'm going to order one from stickerman too. Let me know what you think when you use it? How long did it take to arrive?

Cheers

It took about a week to arrive. I'll let you know when I get a chance to use it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sniper69 said:
One question though - what is the best source for triggerguard rivets?.... If someone has some from the rivet group buy they would like to sell, please contact me.
I just use the Mcmaster-Carr 5/32 rivets, shortened to length.

The GB rivets have a underhead taper to fit the countersunk trunnion holes, the TG uses flat rivets
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
7.62x39 said:
I just use the Mcmaster-Carr 5/32 rivets, shortened to length.

The GB rivets have a underhead taper to fit the countersunk trunnion holes, the TG uses flat rivets
I am assuming that you either order the 3/8" or the 1/2" long 5/32 rivets from mcmaster carr. Is there one size that is more correct than the other? Also would it be this info: 97387A651

18-8 Stainless Steel Round Head Solid Rivet 5/32" Diameter, 1/2" Length, .117" Head Height



or would it be 97387A209
18-8 Stainless Steel Round Head Solid Rivet 5/32" Diameter, 3/8" Length, .117" Head Height

Also would the GB rivets be able to be made to work or would it be to much trouble? Thanks for your help in this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I use the 97300a-105 (5/32x3/8) mild steel rivets, they work great, but must be shortened a tad.

I have no idea how hard the SS rivets are to form, and they wont park or blue, if that is a consideration for you.

I'm sure the GB rivets can be made to work.
I would assume that either the underhead taper would have to be removed or the holes countersunk, and they would still need to be shortened.

Probably more trouble than it would be worth.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top