Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been trying to locate a semi auto Suomi M 31 receiver for a while does anyone know where I may find one or does anyone have one that they would like to sell. I’ve already tried all the usual places to no avail Thanks Troy

·
gunco irregular
3,614 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have access to a metal lathe would you? The receivers themselves aren't too difficult to make if you have access to a lathe. A mill makes it easier but those operations can be done with grinders.

·
gunco irregular
3,614 Posts
I've done a two piece receiver before that made the lugs out of a sleeve that also made the internal shoulder. I've got a newer version worked out on paper using solid bar for the front half and DOM tube for the rear section and have had the steel for it sitting on the chip pan of my lathe for quite some time now. Just need to get motivated to start. These pics are from a build from around 2008 or so.
Natural material Jewellery Circle Auto part Gas
Light Blue Lighting Gas Portable stove
Cylinder Nickel Metal Auto part Titanium

·
gunco irregular
3,614 Posts
Those were finished long ago. Suomi build I want to change the FCG setup on those as the overly complicated 870 hammer and sear setup got finicky as time went on. I've got M1 carbine springs and was thinking about a striker setup like the semi sten guns use. IO has since come out with a similar concept so basically that's what I'm looking at for FCG, barstock front, DOM tube back and sideplates the same as the build above. I've added quite a bit more machinery and tooling in the past 14-15 years so they'll be even easier to make.

·
aka: SDK1968
7,865 Posts
i could sell you the whole gun pretty cheap.... built on the DanDiesel set up.... super reliable. all depends on where you live & if we can get together for a FTF sale. i dont ship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts