Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could get a (Wooden) "U.S." made pistol grip the just like the synthetic ones out there?

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
z recto makes US wooden grips.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
his username is Z_recto, he is a member here (doing a search should get you to a post of his where you could PM or email him). He also posts at some of the other forums under the same username. Here is a link to some pics http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=180427 I think he also will finish them to match.

or
solid wood

Laminated

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Not to diminish what appears to be the excellent quality of z-recto's stuff (isn't he the fellow who perfected replicating the Russian Red finish?)...

I dunno if he still makes them, but when I bought a fore-grip assembly and pistol grip for my SAR-3 (have an ACE buttstock), I was able to get a fat Bulgarian style pistol grip in American walnut (he's got other woods) from www.riflestocks.com.

Which leads to a question...

I didn't quite understand the rules here: Izzit OK to post a URL, so long as you don't stand to make any money from doing so?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm pretty sure links are cool, especially when they're relevant to the discussion. I never knew the folks at ACE offered wood U.S. grips, I'm only familiar with their plastic varieties.

You can even say K-var...oops, almost forgot to mention they're a sponser on this board!:thumbup1:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Shadow: they are not all that difficult to make. Just get some wood of the correct thickness, trace an outline from another grip that you like, rough cut it out and finish with a dremmel sanding wheel. I use a 5/8 forsner bitt on the top to hog it out for the nut slot and either a 1/4 or 5/16 drill for the bolt.I then finish with stain & tung oil. After you make a couple you can knock them out in about 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you can find the type of plywood that they use for high grade cabinets, the kind with about 10 plys to the 1/2 inch, glue two pieces together to get the 1" it makes a great looking laminate grip once you get it shaped and sanded.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Evil_WalksII said:
I never knew the folks at ACE offered wood U.S. grips, I'm only familiar with their plastic varieties...
Oops! Meant Ironwood Designs, www.ironwooddesigns.com

The ACE plastic grips - at least the one I had, the FAL-style - are top quality, and the FAL-style is ergonomically just about perfect. But I just can't abide plastic furniture on a weapon.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have an ironwood stock and grip , I like them very much as U.S. parts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts