Gunco Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this on Walmart homepage, care to add a little insight Sang?

The top 20 meanest U.S. cities:
1. Little Rock, Arkansas
2. Atlanta, Georgia
3. Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Las Vegas, Nevada
5. Gainesville, Florida
6. New York City, New York
7. Los Angeles, California
8. San Francisco, California
9. Honolulu, Hawaii
10. Austin, Texas
11. Sarasota, Florida
12. Key West, Florida
13. Nashville, Tennessee
14. Berkeley, California
15. Dallas, Texas
16. Fresno, California
17. San Antonio, Texas
18. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
19. St. Paul, Minnesota
20. Manchester, New Hampshire

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Yeah, we got some serious drug problems in the inner city around here. Lot of people being killed and much more crime that comes with it. In the last few years I've seen things in broad daylight that I didn't think I'd ever see downtown. I work downtown, but lucky for me my office is at the far end away from an area called Over The Rhine where things are bad! I had to drive through there once a couple of yeasrs ago and I never will again.

Our city council does it's damnedest to make sure the poice have their hands tied as well. Everytime the police have to shoot or use lethal force the councill second guesses them since we had the riots in 2001. That was caused by a cop shooting a guy them was running from him with 17 warrants. The gut supposedly turned around and went to reach, but he was unarmed. All hell broke loose and I could go on and one. It got so bad that people were being shot in front of 90 witnesses and when the cops showed up the crowd would start harassing the cops.

In some cases it's like Falujah.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I don't believe that list.......what happened to.............
NYC
Detroit
Baltimore
Memphis
Newark

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have lived in Cincinnati for about 3 years and I drive through over the rhine almost every day to go to work downtown. Not once have I had a problem with anyone, with the exception of a few barfights on campus. As long as you dont be a asshole, know your surroundings, and keep an eye on the shady folks you wont have any problems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yea, I work at the Hilton part time as a valet my other job is UC. Ive got tickets to the game tomorrow! Row 2 in the endzone, should be good one. Anytime you wanna get together let me know. BTW have you been to target world lately? They are remodeling and expanding the storefront x 2. The range is still open thankfully.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Yeah, I went to target world a couple of weeks ago, it's was nuts in there.

You like Chinese? We could do Wah Mei's or maybe Hathaways in Tower place. I'm over by 4th and Main. I'll PM you my work number.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We probably see each other all the time. Im always running back and forth getting cars on Race st. in a bright yellow central parking jacket. I see some interesting things being on the street for 8 hours every day I work. I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I can't believe that Key West made the top 20 meanest cities.

All the locals are either stoners or gay, (not meant disparagingly) neither of which is a particularly violent group.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
The Cincinnati murder thing is a bit hyped if one can hype those sort of tragedies. It is almost exclusively black on black crime and limited to about a six block area of crime and drug dealing north of the main downtown business district.

If there are 90 murders in the city per year, I'll bet 70 of them, or more, are committed in that limited area. Really a shame as there must be some decent people there.

It is not as widespread in the community as media reports might suggest.

The black leadership, and the city council that panders to them, alternate between complaining the police are nothing but JBT's and then complaining about the lack of aggressive police work in that area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts