Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids are getting pretty cute if I may say so as a proud papa.

Over the Christmas break I got up with the boy (7 months) in the middle of the night. He was wide awake and I laid down on the couch with him to calm him down (no feeding). He decides he wants to start babbling baby talk. He rolls his little head up to look at me and in a little voice he says "Hi Daddy" first time ever!

He's been saying Hi back for a while, but he's just repeating it and it's not really clear, This was very clear and at 4 AM in the morning it sort of freaked me out.

My daughter is a little over 2 and she has really started to talk clearly. She's also doing things that make you wonder?

We were having pork roast at my grandma's for Christmas and as usual we had applesauce with it being the good German family we are. My daughter thought that was really cool and dipped every peice of her pork in applesauce. I told she was a good German kid and she said "yeah!".

Why is it that toddlers will do things for their grandparents they never do for you? :D She won't eat salad for us, but anytime my Mom is around she let's my Mom feed it to here.

My 7 month old is taken by his big sister and when big sis is over grandma's or taking a nap he goes ballistic when he sees her again and wants to get down and play with her. She of course treats him like a dirt! That is expected from a 2 year old who doesn't like to share. She pushes him over and hits him. He laughs at all of it thinking she rough housing with him like I do. That poor boy is going to have a warped sense of affection when gets bigger and the girl is going to get her ass beat since he's 3/4 of her size as it is now. Our family has taken to calling him the bruiser because he's getting big and he's like a bull in china shop.

Just a few tidbits from the good side of being a Dad besides the sleeepless nights.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
He rolls his little head up to look at me and in a little voice he says "Hi Daddy" first time ever!
Makes all those sleepless nights worth while doesn't it?

·
Registered
214 Posts
cool.......kids! ain't they great?...

My daughter is 14 now....the usual aggravations of being the father of a teenager manifest themselves.......then melt away when I get a hug and "I love you Daddy".

My son is 12, and a gun nut like his dad, he already knows how to strip and clean an SKS and is working on how to properly care for an Ak.

pic of my son having a bit of fun..

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
"I love children. Girl children between 18 and 26."
- W.C. Fields

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Somehow, I knew you would chime in with a remark like that.
Hey, at least I spared you the recipes for cooking Irish babies that Jonathan Swift put in the appendix to "A Modest Proposal".

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Hold 'em close and cherish this time with 'em guys..............they grow up so darn fast.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Everyone here seem's to be very lucky!!!!!!! (Blessed);)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I envey you all. Even though I have been married 4 times, I have never had a child of my own and I feel like I have missed out on the most important living, and growing experience that we have available in this life. I have raised many other men's kids, but never one of my own blood. I would like to think that I have made a positive impact on other lives but when you are a step dad or foster parent as I have been many times in the past, you always wonder if you would have been different had they been your own. I did my best, and even though I still have many former step kids calling me dad I feel like I have missed out on a part of life that most people have enjoyed. Ak'sr4me

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
ak'sr4me said:
even though I still have many former step kids calling me dad I feel like I have missed out on a part of life that most people have enjoyed. Ak'sr4me
Apparently you've done something right and deserve the name "dad" many stepchildren do not take to calling the step parent mom or dad, but if you've gotten that--then that's something to be proud of IMHO :)

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ak'sr4me,

If they call you Dad then you did something good!

I have a friend who has 2 step sons and he's a really good step father to them. Their own Dad is very involved in their lives as well and they are lucky because they have 2 really great fathers. He does lament that he missed the baby stage and he will probably never have any kids of his own. In some ways that's not so bad if you have done a good job of raising step kids.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
redchevyman said:
Sang,They are 16-1/2 months apart. They keep us busy.
My two boys are 15 months apart....that was 23 years ago...they still keep me busy, with headaches.

DorGunR is right, enjoy them while small guys, they grow up too fast.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
My Dughter would jabber mama dada for hours without really trying to communicate. Her first word that I consider actually speaking, was when she saw a bag of DumDum suckers, pointed to them, and said "more"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts