Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like my attempts to park my AK-103 clone before painting worked... just used heaps of Naval Jelly and let it sit most of the afternoon. Letting it dry now, but doing the painting either tonight or most likely tomorrow because its kinda cool out today. But it worked!!! :)

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/painting/unfubar/refinish.htm

I wouldn't recommend Naval Jelly for a presentation-quality finish, but this will be painted with Duracoat before it sees the light of day so I am not worried about it. I needed to do this because the bare metal didn't allow the Duracoat to properly adhere and didn't bond well.

- Jerry

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
There is a product in the auto stores called Extend. That leaves a nice black finish on rust.. I have been thinking of trying it on a ak???

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
hcpookie......

As always, a detailed and informative presentation.

Have you tried the bead blast in a big RubberMaid container thingy(I saw it at some website)? It looked like it worked okay, especially for the small (under 36") and light weight stuff we do.
This wasn't rocket science.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Toten Kopf said:
hcpookie......

As always, a detailed and informative presentation.

Have you tried the bead blast in a big RubberMaid container thingy(I saw it at some website)? It looked like it worked okay, especially for the small (under 36") and light weight stuff we do.
This wasn't rocket science.
Cool, I am giving it a try.

Are you the one hosting the underfolder templates? If so, what is the dimension of the rear hole to the end of the receiver? Can't make it out on hte scan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts