Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sounds like a good idea.
As long as you can offer them in the $2-$3 range they should sell. It is an easy US part.

How detailed will they be?(ribs and such)

BTW these should fit the 7.62 waffles and Polish poly's as well.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Z_recto said:
Sounds like a good idea.
As long as you can offer them in the $2-$3 range they should sell. It is an easy US part.

How detailed will they be?(ribs and such)

BTW these should fit the 7.62 waffles and Polish poly's as well.

Kevin,

good to hear from you. I hope all is well

I took one of the floor plates off of a Bulgarian 5.45 mag and sent it out to "duplicated" so I am expecting it to look just like the origianal but have DPH Arms USA marked onto them.

Price is gonna have to be around $3. The only way to get that cost lower would be to run 10,000 of them. I'll run that many if guys want them.

Scott

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Scott,
It's a cheap compliance part as far as I'm concerned. With all the 5.45 kits out there they should sell. Bag'em in lots of ten to make a better deal for you and the buyer. Just a thought.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd definitely be good for some, especially in the quoted price range. That equals out to one more foreign part allowable on a Romanian recievered 5.45 rifle. Excellent news in my opinion. I haven't swapped a Bulgie floorplate to an E. German mag but I'm hoping these would be a clean swap on the bakelite mags as well. This has been a long time coming, I think with the existing Romanian rifles, Bulgarian kits, and new Romanian imports there may be more interest than you anticipate.:thumbup1:

Edited: Wasn't someone on the board trying to mfg. 5.45 followers as well awhile back?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Pookie was in the process of making them. Haven't heard anything new about them. I would be interested in getting some-at least 5-6 Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
They will sell..

? though..how did you get a $3 piece price on them with only a 2500 run??

I checked into this about (2) years ago with my bro-in-law(he owns an engineering co.) and the only way to make a small profit was to run at least 5000 @$7 each. I said forget it.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Jorg

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Sniper, just curious about how the laws work with these kinds of things. Can anyone take a part, reproduce it, and sell it for a profit? Does this only work with foreign, older parts? At this point, could you take any piece of a parts kit, reproduce it and sell it?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JorgWalther said:
? though..how did you get a $3 piece price on them with only a 2500 run??

I checked into this about (2) years ago with my bro-in-law(he owns an engineering co.) and the only way to make a small profit was to run at least 5000 @$7 each. I said forget it.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Jorg
That should tell you that I'm not looking to make a killing on these, that's why the interest has to be there.

Scott

·
Registered
47 Posts
DPH arms said:
That should tell you that I'm not looking to make a killing on these, that's why the interest has to be there.

Scott
He is right all...BTW..I'll take a few sets.
Let us know how this works out Scott.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I'd be in for 30.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
Sniper, just curious about how the laws work with these kinds of things. Can anyone take a part, reproduce it, and sell it for a profit? Does this only work with foreign, older parts? At this point, could you take any piece of a parts kit, reproduce it and sell it?
????? not sure to be honest (assuming the question is to me, and not to Scott) . To look at it from the perspective of all the US made compliance parts - I don't see where there is a problem as long as no laws are broken. :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Scott, I would be interested in a 10 pack. Please keep us posted.
Thanks,
Del

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'd be in for 30 or 40.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fal_shooter said:
I'd be in for 30 or 40.

Guy's

I have not dropped this. I asked them to go back and work on the quote, it came back a little higher than I thought it should. I also asked them to go back and quote 5,000 and 10,000 (just curious what it'll do for the cost).

I'll keep everyone updated on them.

Scott

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks for letting us know what's going on... Looking forward to seeing what the price will be regardless of how many are made and the forcasted availablity date.

·
Registered
47 Posts
DPH arms said:
Guy's

I have not dropped this. I asked them to go back and work on the quote, it came back a little higher than I thought it should. I also asked them to go back and quote 5,000 and 10,000 (just curious what it'll do for the cost).

I'll keep everyone updated on them.

Scott
I'm a Design Engineer by trade. What Scott is finding out is that shops will quote a low price first ..analyze it(the number of actions in the operation) then find added costs later(a floorplate is more than a simple one-strike operation all..it's the "rollled edges" that drive the cost up) ..the price will go up. $3 a piece just seemed too low to me.
I hope you find a shop willing to do this at that price tho Scott!!

Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts