Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with 15c milsurp ammo, and has 25% less felt recoil than does a similar wt bolt action. That means that you get to shoot a LOT more, and thus, are probably a far bettern field shooter than the guys who have to spend 50c a shot, or waste time loading 150 rds an hour at the bench. The autoloader groups 1.5 MOA, if it's set up properly, and that is plenty of accuracy for realistic big game hunting. It offers you the fast followup shot, if you need to finish off a cripple, and it has self defense capability, which no bolt action offers much of, at all. If you need to mess up a dog pack that's chasing livestock, you have the ability to do it, too. Not just miss one and scare them, like a bolt action user has to settle for.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank you for your opinion.
enjoy your BAR.
I also have one in .30-06.
I enjoy it.
I also handload for it.
I enjoy that too.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Remy 7400 in 30.06 or .270 is a good deal too. My Dad has one and it shoots awesome for an old beat up peice. He got it free and rebuilt if with about $70 of parts. It will shoot a 1 inch group easy and is his main deer gun.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a lot about perceived recoil is your ATTITUDE about it. if you "think" 7mm has lots more recoil than does 06, that is likely to be what you "feel" upon firing such a load. If you are ready for .50 BMG type recoil,you will consider 7mm Mag auto to be a pc of cake.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I picked up a decade ago a Remingtion Model 4 in 06
This is basically a high dollar 7400.
The guy I got it from shot it a total of 5 times.
The 5th time was inside the house with with 1 foot away and resulted in a hole in the roof. It was a "cleaning" accident. Needless to say, the wife sold it to me for $200.
Her price and she would not take any more.
It shoots great, less recoil then my Savage 110 tactical in 308.

·
Registered
681 Posts
my Rem BDL shakes my jaw loose every time I touch that thing off... on the other hand, the Browning 300 mag isn't what one would think. I think it has some to do with the slower burning H1000 powder in the 300, as well as stock design. The remington is a "punch". The .300, a "shove". I also had (yes past tense, sadly enough) an enfield mk4 303 Brit., and that thing was just plain abusive, but shot as well as any rifle I've shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts