Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in NY, NJ, Cal etc considered an ADA challenge to the banned "AWB " features?
In MD the only restricted features are folding stocks, flash hiders and grenade launchers. Why you ask? Because it was pointed out to the legislature that vertical/ modular grip systems and muzzle brakes are handicap adaptations for many. People with fused wrists and prosthetics benefit from the advancements in the modern sporting rifle. The modular grip systems allow those with limited range of motion and prosthetics to properly manage a firearm. Muzzle brakes mitigate recoil so those in wheelchairs or otherwise disabled can manage a firearm capable of hunting larger game without the fear of being knocked over by their firearm. Adjustable stocks allow firearms to be fitted to shooters without the expense of custom stocks. A person from 4'-7' can properly manage a firearm with a few simple adjustments. You just need to beat them with their own bat.

·
Banned
243 Posts
Yeah...

And the Sig brace is not a stock and the Sig brake is not a monocore! :rofl:

I think people should stop trying to beat the system and poke those who can change the rules in the middle of a game!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you talking about??? I have fused wrists and there is no way I can get more than a thumb and forefinger on a traditional stock. Vertical grips ARE the only way I can get a proper grip on a stock. Glocks are an issue as well for me. I know people with prosthetics who benefit from the modern railed forends that allow them to attach grips that work for them. I compare modern sporting rifles to modern cars. Just like modern cars have adjustable seats, air bags, adjustable steering wheels, radial tires and antilock disc brakes. These modern features make them both safer, easier to control and adaptable to a range of users where older designs needed custom fitting if you were anything but the median size and capability. Maryland's legislature is every bit as liberal as the other states but they were faced with a challenge of their own making. It drives me crazy when people refuse to face the challenges we are faced with and can't think outside the box enough to come up with an effective defense. As proven year before last it works. This is no SIG brace SBR bullcrap these are legitimate handicap adaptations for some and when pointed out in time saved Marylanders from some of the stupidity faced in other states. If the other People's Republics were faced with similar challenges we would go a long way to normalizing modern sporting rifles just like modern cars are the norm. We have been facing a century long campaign to destroy our rights and anyone not vigilant is unworthy of those rights.

·
Banned
243 Posts
I have no issue with what you are talking about (adjustable stocks and such)...as you saw with the Sig brace though people will stretch the limits of a legit idea until a ruling is made ...

A sig brace is allowing people with disabilities to fire an AR pistol...when it was the last time you saw someone using or wanting one for that reason?

Everyone thought it was a good way to "beat the system" and get an SBR with no tax stamp...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no issue with what you are talking about (adjustable stocks and such)...as you saw with the Sig brace though people will stretch the limits of a legit idea until a ruling is made ...

A sig brace is allowing people with disabilities to fire an AR pistol...when it was the last time you saw someone using or wanting one for that reason?

Everyone thought it was a good way to "beat the system" and get an SBR with no tax stamp...
Just goes to show how BS most firearm laws are. If it makes guns safer and easier to use it should be considered a good thing. I remember responding to a State Police representative testifying that modern features make guns more accurate. I said by his logic we should be banning sights!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts