Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this pic of the ejector in my vulcan receiver. This gun has had exactly 100 rounds through it.

Any suggestions on what I can do with this? Can it be trimmed back and hardened? I'm kinda ticked off about it. According to Joe at Joeken this problem was supposed to be fixed.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have a question and some bad news.
first did you grind it back at all before fireing? sometimes they need to be fitted to the bolt.
now for the bad news,,, this is still a vulcan... even if joe did all he could with the manufactor we are all familiar with the quality controll of Vulcan. rite ..
I filed a tiny bit off my extractor to fit, the dull file cut easy,,,, so much for Vulcan. NOUTHING JOE can do will change a company that dose not care about quality into a quality based company. A vulcan will allways be a vulcan unless Robert Hess sell's out the company to another owner. now all he is selling out is the customers.
Hay just my 2 cent.
I am certain you will find out here how to properly harden it. maby if you do it before much more damage happens you will not need to weld.
good luck, sorry to hear your trouble

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did file a tiny amount off, but not enough to cut through any hardened material. I used a diamond wheel on my dremel so I really didn't get a feel for the hardness of the metal to begin with.

Well anyhow, hopefully there's not too much damage done and I can just smooth it out and harden it somehow.

Where can I get info on hardening this steel up? I've not done it before. I'm not looking forward to it as I have the gun completely assembled now and I suppose I'll have to disassemble most of it. Grrr.... :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Cammer said:
I did file a tiny amount off, but not enough to cut through any hardened material. I used a diamond wheel on my dremel so I really didn't get a feel for the hardness of the metal to begin with.

Well anyhow, hopefully there's not too much damage done and I can just smooth it out and harden it somehow.

Where can I get info on hardening this steel up? I've not done it before. I'm not looking forward to it as I have the gun completely assembled now and I suppose I'll have to disassemble most of it. Grrr.... :mad:
You may try the "Kasenit fix". Kasenit is a product you can get a Brownells, it is a powder that is place on mild steel. You heat the metal to cherry read and this product some how case hardens the surface for a few thousands of an inch.

A pox on Vulcan for not doing this simple procedure before releasing his product to us!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts