Gunco Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey:
this is my first build, but I run into problmes, then Rails on Vulcan reciver are 1-2mm lower then Turnnion, I need help

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holes are line up with trunnion and recivers
Rails are about 2mm lower then front trunnion groves
It will go in, but not very smooth

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Use a punch, up through the mag well.
Just a couple of taps on the inner edge of the rail, where it meets the trunnion should do it.

Tweak it just enough, so that the bolt carrier slides into the trunnion smoothly.
It doesn't take much, so go easy.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
HAY bluejack
I have had only one vulcan that the rails actuly lined up without tweeking. the method described above is fine, I would like to add to it just a litttel bit. Yes use a punch I use at least a 1/4" punch do not use too small of a punch it will kind of dent it. try tweeking it gradualy in a slope not just a bend in the last 1/2" of the rail. I just did mine today and the tweek starts about half way back the rail and smoothly gradualy ramps to match the trunion. you allmost can not tell even looking close. go up slowly and evenly you REALY do not want to bend back down. be carefull and it will go well SMOOooth

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH god

that mean I need to do all 20 of these reciver them... :scared:

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well...

They are cheap by the bulk. $32.99 from Joeken's group buy, Plus I had 3- AK-74 kits , 1- PMKMS kits, 4 AMD kits. just like to had fun. these should be keep me busy for few years down the road.....:naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Bluejack said:
that mean I need to do all 20 of these reciver them... :scared:
Experiance says you will not have to tweek ALL of them. I would guess out of 20 you will have to tweek 15 but that is just a guess. I DEFINATLY would dry fit differant trunions in differant recievers. this may get you as many allready linning up as possable. I think the manufactor is not too exact in placeing them before welding they may vary some. HAY it is all part of the fun :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts