Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looking around and seeing that joeken had a group buy going on at another site for vulcan receivers, thought it would be interesting to mention that supposedly the receivers that joeken is getting for the group buy has the serial numbers in a different location so that a folding stock could be used without messing with the serial number. Also those receivers supposedly are having the lower rails double checked for hardness.
Now I'm not saying to have everyone run out and buy from joeken but it would be neat to see the serial numbers somewhere different.

Here's the neat thing (to me anyway), I have a hesse receiver that has the serial number towards the front of the receiver (don't see it anywhere else on the receiver), but the vulcan receivers I have all have the serial numbers towards the back of the receiver. Wonder why the change and does anyone else with a hesse receiver able to confirm if all the hesse receivers had serial numbers towards the front? The serial number on the hesse I have is a four digit number, where the vulcans seem to have a longer serial number.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Vulcan receivers

Funny , I just read that post over at the other site not no more than a minute ago. I think it would be great that they have moved the serial number to the front. Being that the post was from The Joe Himself , I guess it's true ?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have one hesse and the number is in the same place as the vulcan.

·
Registered
582 Posts
My Hesse not only has the serial number in the same place as the Vulcan, it starts with the same letter =>K

I heard that some of us who *****ed and moaned to Vulcan and sighted the large number of underfolders we expected had some effect. It didn't do squat by itself but apparently JoeKen was able to convince Vulcan.....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
troop
I sent them a very nice email about the number placement and they did not even bother to respond at all.

·
Registered
582 Posts
So did I. I even inserted the business logic that if JoeKen had 200 underfolders coming in, Vulcan could probably snap up all of that number which otherwise would have required OOW's.

I want to thank you for the help. I think this is like what we have to do with our legislators - keep up the volume and hope that they finally listen. I think that JoeKen was heard because we set the stage.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Now if they can solve the problem with the soft ejectors!

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
supposedly the problem with the soft ejectors was being looked into according to the info that was posted along with the info about the serial numbers being moved. I finally took a look again at my hesse receiver. It must be an early one it is serial 23XX and the serial number is on the left side underneath the front trunion holes. The vulcan receivers I have have the serial number on the right side to the back and all start with K.

It would have been nice if if Hesse/Vulcan would have listened to the emails sent, but also if they would have left the serial numbers the same way that they were on the early hesse receivers. That way there wouldn't have been an issue with underfolders, lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Serial # placement

I have two Joeken receivers and they are in the old location. IOW in the way of a folder. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The news is that the Vulcans coming in on the current group buy from JoeKen do indeed have the serial numbers at the front, out of the way of a folder.

I also heard that the ejector problem was confined to AK74 receivers that Hesse modified by grinding an AK-47 receiver's ejector to fit the -74 internals. They effected the heat treatment and did not retreat.

Supposedly the new -47's are okay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I just picked up my group buy Joeken vulcan receivers and yes the numbers are indeed in the new and improved location. :smile: I actually got my receivers really quick. I know what folks say about Joeken, but I'm happy :) .

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Batman
just a heads up ,, that reciever has the number moved but the manufactors mark and info are STILL in the way to build a folder!!!!!! just thought you should know before you got too excyted about building a folder. The only reason that the number was moved was to build folders, but they did not move the info stamp,,,, so much for vulcan ,, what else would you expect from him. :confused:
Sorry for the bad news

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hotbarrel said:
Batman
just a heads up ,, that reciever has the number moved but the manufactors mark and info are STILL in the way to build a folder!!!!!! just thought you should know before you got too excyted about building a folder. The only reason that the number was moved was to build folders, but they did not move the info stamp,,,, so much for vulcan ,, what else would you expect from him. :confused:
Sorry for the bad news
Seeing the serial number has been moved, would it be legal and possible to move the manufacturing info to another place on the reciever? I am trying to remember where I read it - but I believe you can move the info to another place as long as you do it before the original info is removed. Does this sound correct or am I thinking wrong on this? :confused:

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
Me and Z_recto went to the range on friday (yesterday).
We took a couple of our Hesse receivered builds.

Z's build currently has about 250 rounds.
We saw NO damage to the ejector.

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
what kind AK did you guys build, AK-74 or 47, did you heat treat the ejecter ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Bluejack said:
what kind AK did you guys build, AK-74 or 47, did you heat treat the ejecter ?
DrugRunR and I had Global Polish PMKMS kits built on Hesse recvrs with a rear trunnion for a wood stock.
The kits were built as is. We heat treated nothing.

Here are some pics of the ejector tab in my build.

Bottom
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/test album/DSC03244.jpg

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/test album/DSC03243.jpg

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/cmepw/test album/DSC03242.jpg

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I have the same amount of wear on my MAK90 and it has seen 1k rounds or more

·
Registered
582 Posts
DrugRunR said:
I have the same amount of wear on my MAK90 and it has seen 1k rounds or more
This is good news. It's nice to have facts. With Hesse's reputation I have heard a lot about ejector wear. I first heard that it was restricted to AK-74 builds, then applied to all Hesse and Vulcan receivers.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have a thought on the ejector issue, I may be totaly off but here goes.
I allmost allways need to adjust the rail so the bolt will transition smoothly from rail to trunion. often they bang into the trunion because the rail is too low. I am wondering if adjusting the rail without adjusting the ejector may be damaging the ejector by the bolt dragging on it ??? Or even if the rail has not been adjusted maby the ejector is too high or too low so it is not traveling smoothly through the notch in the bolt. It is easy to believe the ejector is not positioned properly when the rails are so often not properly positioned.
What do you guys think??? Could some of the dammage be caused from bolt to ejector ??

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hotbarrel I think you have it on the Vulcan ejectors. this photo shows the bolt "machining" to ejector. And has been blamed on soft ejector. But shows metal removed from the top of the ejector only, and not mushroomed top and bottom as one would expect.
Not to say hardening should be ignored, once the adjustments are made.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts