Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a couple of topics about the tragic incident where 6 deer hunters were killed by a Vietnamese man who was trespassing in a tree stand on private property.

Every news report says the Vietnamese man was a deer hunter, and the murders occurred over some sort of dispute over who had the right to use the tree stand. I wonder?

I've heard of people who used an SKS to hunt deer, but it definitely is not the rifle of choice. Also, the guy fired 20 rounds - at least. That would indicate he had at least two 10 round strips. Many, if not most States, limit the size of a rifle magazine to 5 rounds for deer hunting. News reports say he went beyond defending his position in the stand to actually chasing his victims and shooting them.

I alo wonder why he was alone, so far from home, and why he chose that place to begin with? The guy was lost in the woods after the incident, indicating he was not very familiar with the land. How was he going to retrieve any deer he shot?

Maybe, he was a deer hunter, but I have my doubts. I think LEOs ought to determine whether he was man-hunting.

·
Nationalistic Infidel.
698 Posts
Thats right Aclay47, something isn't kosher. Doesn't it sort of sound like the movie (forgott the name) that had Ice T in it who was hunted after being tricked into going on a hunting trip???? Whatever it may be its really F'd up.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
What struck me odd was how good of a shot he was. Possible but sure sounds funny. Chaos, broken ground, moving targets, etc. Not like plinking away when you can take your time.

I think you can block those 10 round fixed mag with some sort of gizmo to be in compliance. Take it out and load up. I can load my SKS almost as fast by hand as I can with strippers.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
helldriver said:
Thats right Aclay47, something isn't kosher. Doesn't it sort of sound like the movie (forgott the name) that had Ice T in it who was hunted after being tricked into going on a hunting trip???? Whatever it may be its really F'd up.
Surviving the game was the name of the movie, what a bad movie it was to lol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Good points all!

The following points may help.

Wisconsin has no magazine capacirty limit on rifles!

The Sheriffs Department stated he was using a 20 round magazine.

The local story is that his wife told he went hunting with 2 other friends. Those friends haven't been located yet but they are being sought.

The latest comments say the bodies were spread out over a 100 foot range, not 100 yards as originally stated.

If so, all of Vang's shots were well under 100 yards.

No indication any of the victims returned fire, On ATV's any firearms would have had to be empty, encased, with ammunition stored seperately, per. state law.

Vang was reportedly wearing camoflage, with just an orange vest, just barely legal, but being Hmong no warden would cite him.

Supposedly he left the stand went about 40 yards away, turned around and started shooting.

One of the first people hit used his radio to call the cabin, but all he got out was that he'de been hit.

Thinking accident, those at the cabin jumped on their ATV's to render assistance, no firearms. The second group was shot as they tried to help their wounded and dying friends and family members.

The norm for hunters is head to toe blaze orange, the wardens carry color samples and ticket you if your not at least 50% orange above the waist, or you're not orange enough or bright enough. Safety concerns cause most people to go overboard.

So the little SOB was shooting bright orange targets who were trying to help the wounded. Nothing difficult about that, just murder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts