The Day After Tomorrow (2004)
I finally watched it on PPV. It was a good story with awesome special effects. Kept my attention!
Here are things I didn?t like about it:
1. The whole Kyoto thing did not work. Had it been omitted, the film would have invited much better discussion. Even the story's leading eco-scientist said scientific projections for environmental changes were centuries away.
2. The wolves were fake. They looked fake and acted weird. I also wondered how they got on the ship, and why they would attack living people when carrion must have been in abundance?
3. There were no bodies after the flood. I guess they didn?t want to gross everyone out, but a 30 flood through New York?s crowded streets would have resulted in thousands of bodies floating everywhere.
4. The whole concept of the story did not work. What was accomplished by the scientist father traveling through hundreds of miles of bitter arctic weather to get to his son? He brought nothing of value to the library.
5. Did anyone else notice that the only directions given to dad were his son was in New York City at the public library. Does NYC have only one public library?
Still, it was a fun film to watch. Watched it twice!