Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think he's blowing it with all his rambling on about everything.

He's not a public speaker and that's okay, but he keeps repeating himself on some subjects. It makes him look bad IMHO.

It makes me shudder when I think about Kerry's people ripping apart his answers for their benefit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Took the words right out of my mouth...

Look, Bush is not the most articulate soul on the planet.

We just have to have faith in God that good will win out over evil. I bristle at some televangelists claiming that Al Qaeda's attack on September 11 was a punishment from God somehow. Let me ask: Which of those people in the two towers sinned so badly that the rest of the people deserved to die with them?

No, folks, we are in a WAR, and sometimes the enemy gets a few licks in. In order for God to have prevented the 9/11 attacks he would have had to remove those hijackers' freedom of choice. It's beginning to look like some people in the government (FBI, for example) DID have enough information that they could have uncovered the plot in time. So, maybe God was helping US, not punishing us.

Not to digress, but it just goes to show that "the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but time and chance happen to them all."

We are going to win the war on terror. And if Bush ain't William Jennings Freaking Bryan when he speaks, so what? Evil may appear to triumph for a while (like if Kerry wins), but good will ultimately be the boot on the neck of the enemy.

'Nuff Said.

:gunsmilie

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, you already said it and it's been a fact for as long as I've watched him, he's not a great speaker.

But looking back, Clinton could make a pile of dog crap sound like a mountain of gold. (and where did that get us?)

I think Custer summed it up best in another thread where he mentioned that alot of folks simply have no clue what the presidency is actually all about. They would rather hear false promises and live with their empty hopes even when the person they choose to elect accomplishes nothing.

I'm really hoping ol' Saddam is getting a good daily dose of truth serum and regular beatings. I for one believe the WMD's exist, whether in Iraq, Syria or connected to the recently surrendered plant in Libya. I'm hoping the months to come bring news that will relieve us all, 9-11 was horrific enough, the thought of chemical/biological attacks should frighten everyone. Those who could facilitate such attacks must be dealt with, prevention is the best medicine.

I for one am proud of ol' W. When your leader tells the UN to pretty much kiss his ass, you've got a leader with balls. No point in "sanctions" if they aren't enforced.

As always, simply my opinions, not that they're worth anything to anyone but me. :salute:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish the info leaking out about the Arab bomb would come to light more.

There are bits and peices here and there, but no major coverage. The Pakistan, Libya, Iranian, Iraqi, and N. Korean connection to equipment and material to make the weapons is a behind the scenes story that needs to be addressed by the administration to the American public.

The rumors that float out of the intelligence community are that the war in Iraq is based around exposing and stopping the Arab bomb from succeeding in being built. We've seen some stories with the Libya giving up it's program and the Pakistani bomb maker being exposed. We also have Iran rattling it's saber about it's bomb making capability.

Maybe it's all still coming together, but it really needs to be made public quick!

Syria and the WMD's needs to be addressed too. Anyone with half a brain that pays attention reports knows they are there. The Israeli's have info they are being kept in the Bekka valley 15 miles from their border. They have plans for a raid when needed. Who is stopping them?

So many questions and rumors.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I don't buy what you are saying. Clinton was supposed to be a good speaker. We were told that by the media. Bush is a poor speaker, we were told that by the media. Well I listened, he got his message across to me. I got it. It made sense. I behind him. So why is he a bad speaker. Remember too, thats not a speach but a press conference with sharks that have an agenda. I see no blood. He walked away. What the f ck do I care what the media thinks. I may not have the right idea the majority of the time but at least the media plays little or not part of that idea. Well maybe with the exception of O'Riley. Jack

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no qualms about his speaking prowess. Every few weeks I have to give a 20 minute prsentation at work and I stutter through half of it.

What worries me is the sheeple out there that believe Kerry and CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN , say.

I hear them at work making jokes about Bush and what an incompetent dork he is. My own couisn who just got out of the Marine corp and had lunch with Bush! Believes that he is a coke head even after he was impressed by Bush when he met him. Since he got out of the Corp last year he has started to believe everything the left is saying.

It's frustrating to me and I am on Bush's side. I believe in the long range plan for going after Iraq and the war on terror.

I'm also glad he stated he would stay the course in Iraq and was commited. I hope he gets re-elected so our warriors don't get handed a shameful retreat from the field of battle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Interesting thread so far, I only disagree that the media told me who was the better of the two at giving speeches. As I said, Mr. Clinton could make a pile of dog crap sound like a mountain of gold. President Bush on the other hand suffers.

Perhaps due to his commitment to his duty, refusing to lie like a dog as he's accused of doing, but he does come across a little rough.(I'll take that over BS any day)

Personally, I like his "down to earth", somewhat uneasy style. It's easier to relate to than some rehearsed sack of lies that most of us have come to be accustomed to. (Unfortunately, alot of folks prefer the rehearsed sack of lies...)

When kids take speech class in high school two things are evaluated, entertainment value and the power of persuation. Not saying that's right but I feel President Bush would be well served to capitolize on the latter just a tad. (...just a tad, I don't need another liar in office abusing the power) Mr. Clinton served 2 terms based on nothing more. Nothing more.

Never has a United States President been faced with the evil we've seen. Not to take away from past tragedies but look at what we're up against. We could face the darkest of times that could ever come to be our history. I'll take my current choice and feel right by him, we could do so much worse.

Just one small EDIT, as I did go visit some liberal folks tonite. It seems we're living in a McDonald's culture. Fast food, fast everything. Seems these folks would prefer the sacrifice of national security over their "right to know" everything that exists behind the scenes, so to speak. As if we the public deserve to know everything our government knows RIGHT NOW. Now I'm not big on government secrets but I'm not dumb enough to expect full disclosure immediately. Seems these folks think the government should share any and all intelligence with them by way of international new services. Scary.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Maybe I am in a bad mood today, but I try to ignore the foolish and ignorant underclass of citizens we have produced by creating the nanny state. They don't count and they don't matter.

The elites of the far left will never change. The far right, like me, will never change.

The election will be won or lost by the perceptions and voting habits of more moderate, centrist voters along with the possible hanging curveball of 3rd party votes.

Conservative republicans do a poor job reaching these folks. Two issues push a lot of these voters to the left. Abortion and religion.

In my mind, if the normal American can not grasp the issues at hand in this election, the jig is up unless there is a monumental disaster that changes the American culture. Assuming we survive it reasonably intact.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree on the average American not being able to grasp what is going on.

Too many say we should just pull back from the war and leave. These are the same people who could care less that Janet Jackson and Howard Stern are allowed to spread filth. It's not that I wish the Gov to take care of it, but if more people would really think about and have an opinion on the issues instead of just waving it off.

They don't care unless it affects them directly. Down the road they will see it affect them unless they pay attention right now.

It's short sighted all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts