Gunco Forums banner
1 - 2 of 9 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Well, you already said it and it's been a fact for as long as I've watched him, he's not a great speaker.

But looking back, Clinton could make a pile of dog crap sound like a mountain of gold. (and where did that get us?)

I think Custer summed it up best in another thread where he mentioned that alot of folks simply have no clue what the presidency is actually all about. They would rather hear false promises and live with their empty hopes even when the person they choose to elect accomplishes nothing.

I'm really hoping ol' Saddam is getting a good daily dose of truth serum and regular beatings. I for one believe the WMD's exist, whether in Iraq, Syria or connected to the recently surrendered plant in Libya. I'm hoping the months to come bring news that will relieve us all, 9-11 was horrific enough, the thought of chemical/biological attacks should frighten everyone. Those who could facilitate such attacks must be dealt with, prevention is the best medicine.

I for one am proud of ol' W. When your leader tells the UN to pretty much kiss his ass, you've got a leader with balls. No point in "sanctions" if they aren't enforced.

As always, simply my opinions, not that they're worth anything to anyone but me. :salute:

· Registered
109 Posts
Interesting thread so far, I only disagree that the media told me who was the better of the two at giving speeches. As I said, Mr. Clinton could make a pile of dog crap sound like a mountain of gold. President Bush on the other hand suffers.

Perhaps due to his commitment to his duty, refusing to lie like a dog as he's accused of doing, but he does come across a little rough.(I'll take that over BS any day)

Personally, I like his "down to earth", somewhat uneasy style. It's easier to relate to than some rehearsed sack of lies that most of us have come to be accustomed to. (Unfortunately, alot of folks prefer the rehearsed sack of lies...)

When kids take speech class in high school two things are evaluated, entertainment value and the power of persuation. Not saying that's right but I feel President Bush would be well served to capitolize on the latter just a tad. (...just a tad, I don't need another liar in office abusing the power) Mr. Clinton served 2 terms based on nothing more. Nothing more.

Never has a United States President been faced with the evil we've seen. Not to take away from past tragedies but look at what we're up against. We could face the darkest of times that could ever come to be our history. I'll take my current choice and feel right by him, we could do so much worse.

Just one small EDIT, as I did go visit some liberal folks tonite. It seems we're living in a McDonald's culture. Fast food, fast everything. Seems these folks would prefer the sacrifice of national security over their "right to know" everything that exists behind the scenes, so to speak. As if we the public deserve to know everything our government knows RIGHT NOW. Now I'm not big on government secrets but I'm not dumb enough to expect full disclosure immediately. Seems these folks think the government should share any and all intelligence with them by way of international new services. Scary.

1 - 2 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.