Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes the kit from IO came in today. it is not the folder we were told at first BUT it it prety nice anyway. it is laminated fixed stock with a laminated front grip. the front grip is a pistal typ and it comes down and to the front. kind of like a 63 but in laminated wood. the top of the frong guard is BURNED into two pieces wow it got hot!! finish is not bad. barrel is very good inside. All numbers I see do truley match, no forced. basicaly a fairly nice kit. not new but not bad. for the price I am happy enough :thumbup1: oh yes IO sent some exrtas goodies to make up for the folder beeing actualy wood not folder.
thanks weaponeer.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sorry hotbarrel....did not see your post! I will get mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should not be let down when you get it!!
is anyone else here in on the buy.??

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am in for 2 kits. My card was charged yesterday so hopefully they will be here tomorrow or Friday. I can't wait to get them.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Got mine today. Seems the bolt, carrier and trunion all match. Top handguard crack in two, butt plate rusted through, about 50-60% finish on the rest of the parts, but bore looks shiney and rifling fairly sharp, so I think I did well.

I am also in on the $85 group buy from the Jokers, doubt it will ever come through, and if it does, it will probaly be a cluster f*ck as only they can do... Anyone else in on that one?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
hotbarrel said:
yes the kit from IO came in today. it is not the folder we were told at first BUT it it prety nice anyway. it is laminated fixed stock with a laminated front grip. the front grip is a pistal typ and it comes down and to the front. kind of like a 63 but in laminated wood. the top of the frong guard is BURNED into two pieces wow it got hot!! finish is not bad. barrel is very good inside. All numbers I see do truley match, no forced. basicaly a fairly nice kit. not new but not bad. for the price I am happy enough :thumbup1: oh yes IO sent some exrtas goodies to make up for the folder beeing actualy wood not folder.
thanks weaponeer.
Hotbarrel, Can you post a pic of the kit so we can all admire it. :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
DADGUMIT!
:useless: :useless: :useless: :useless:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My camera is a POS so the photo would have no detail. but maby someone eles will put a photo up. A better camera would require a better computer, that would require more $$$ than I want to spend..
yes I am in on a bad joke too,, well over a year now.. a real bad joke :boxing:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I received my kit Tuesday evening from the FedEx truck. I was getting ready for a trip out of town and was home to sign for the package. I did not have much time to look at my kit, but it is all matching, approx. 80% finish, and the wood looks like the photo previously posted. The worst part of my kit is the rear pistol grip is a little on the beat up side, but that is no problem as I have a spare to replace it with.

I am well pleased with this kit and the group buy went smooth. i will be working on the wood first, and then get the metal ready for the receiver.

When the group buy first started, it was for an underfolder, so I bought a Vulcan underfolder receiver. Then the underfolder buy went "belly-up", so I have to order a standard receiver for this one. I am still hoping to get an underfolder on another of weaponeer's group buys, and then the difficult part of finding an underfolder trunnion. I also have a Russian AK kit, and when ORF gets into production on their milled receivers, I will get one of these too. Man, I don't know what to do with 10 AKs when these are all completed, but this is a good problem, LOL!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Speaking of Joeken i received a east german kit from them yesterday. Well i paid $25 extra for a "crutch type" stock and of course i received the regular romanian style side folder. I'm also in for 2 of the "potential" kits we have been waiting on for all so long. But depending on how they resolve my stock issue i may back out of that group buy.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Abwehr said:
When the group buy first started, it was for an underfolder, so I bought a Vulcan underfolder receiver. Then the underfolder buy went "belly-up", so I have to order a standard receiver for this one. I am still hoping to get an underfolder on another of weaponeer's group buys, and then the difficult part of finding an underfolder trunnion. I also have a Russian AK kit, and when ORF gets into production on their milled receivers, I will get one of these too. Man, I don't know what to do with 10 AKs when these are all completed, but this is a good problem, LOL!

Abwehr, may I ask who you purchased the underfolder receiver from?

·
Registered
58 Posts
meyerse,

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I was out of town a couple of days. I got the Vulcan underfolder receiver from JoeKen (I know, I know). But they had them in stock and I got immediate shipment to my FFL.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thanks for the update Shortrnd! Im in for 1 of the underfolders and 2 each on the trunions. (pistol,underfolder). I new someone would be making these soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts