Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what's up with weaponeer.com? I got an email indicating some change necessitated me contacting them. I got on the site as requested to find that it was down. Jack

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I also got the PM, but no luck on getting on to find out what they need from me

·
Registered
318 Posts
The group buy on the underfolders didn't go through as IO advised they were not getting any. Weaponeer wanted the paid guys to let him know if they would substitute the order for a fixed stock-same price but with a sling, cleaning kit and some other goodies thrown in. Shipping was to be the same. I haven't got any updates for a couple of days so maybe the site crashed and he is fixing it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just got on to the weaponeer site. People who were in the first group buy need to check the updates and let Gary know if you are in or out on the new kits

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I received a email from them, here it is.

Because we received 5.6 million hits for Nov. the website crashed several times due to the 70mb database not being up to the task, so started the upgrade process figuring it would take a few hours, but I have no idea it would take me over 27 hours to finish the job.

What changed? Only the database... you will not notice any changes other than speed and performance (and I hope no more crashes)

after a few hours sleep I'll update the rest of the group buys, and get everything back to normal.

take a minute to check out all the new and potential group buys, as well as the new Weapons and Conversions section (C&R group buys and other items)

www.weaponeer.net

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry guys I didn't see this thread or I would have posted here much earlier.

There have been several things going on with the site. All of which have been taken care of at this point. We were just severly overloaded with traffic. We have since moved everything to a new server and all is well once again. Sorry for all of the problems with you guys logging on. I hope that I got back to those of you that sent me PMs.

Now back to some of the good stuff. We have some group buys that you all will be interested in.

As was posted, the ak group buy has been a nightmare with IO giving us the run around. Now that it has been finalized we can move on to some better buys. We are currently running buys on AK trigger guard rivet jigs and AK flat bending jigs. You will need to sign up immediately as we only have a few left that aren't spoken for. These are both really great jigs and the prices will be hard to beat.

Also for you AK guys we are offering underfolding stocks for $37. I don't have many details on these but at that price it will be worth getting in on.

We also have several other parts kits running now. These include the H&K G3, Bren MkII, PPSH48, Suomi M44, 1919A4 (Excellant condition), DP-28, and the VZ61. Skorpian.

Again I apologize for the problems we've been having especially the AK group buy fiasco.

Feel free to PM or email me if you would like.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The payments were sent into IO last week. As of yesterday, they have not received the ak's yet from their supplier.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ah thanks! I wish it were my site but unfortunately I'm just a lowly moderator.

I've been sending people to your site as well. It seems to answer almost everyone's questions. For the rest of the questions I've been trying to get people to come over here. I love this site!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah that one filled up rather quickly. We will be running that group buy again as it seems that most people missed it. I think it was only open for 2 days or so before it filled.

It seems that DPHarms is the way to go if you want a flat bending jig. We did run a group buy on those as well but you will probably have one in your hands much quicker if you go with DPH arms. I've heard great things about them as well. Group buys are a great thing but not always the best way to get something that you need right away.

I will try to keep you guys up to speed on future AK related buys.

Oh and we are still taking confirmations for the AK underfolder stocks.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Shortrnd,

I dont remember doing a group buy on my DPHarms jigs but if you are up to it, I'd be interested.

Scott

Shortrnd said:
Yeah that one filled up rather quickly. We will be running that group buy again as it seems that most people missed it. I think it was only open for 2 days or so before it filled.

It seems that DPHarms is the way to go if you want a flat bending jig. We did run a group buy on those as well but you will probably have one in your hands much quicker if you go with DPH arms. I've heard great things about them as well. Group buys are a great thing but not always the best way to get something that you need right away.

I will try to keep you guys up to speed on future AK related buys.

Oh and we are still taking confirmations for the AK underfolder stocks.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
BTW: We have teamed up with Weaponeer on a banner swap.

They have a lot of people asking questions about builds and we have people wanting to buy stuff.

Hopefully it will be a good thing for both sites.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts