Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like our area is likely to get hit pretty hard with ice storms and then heavy snow. Cincinnati does not do well with the white death and it is the type of storm where power outages are common.

So, if you don't hear from us, we're digging out.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I think later tommorow is when we are going to get really hit with some reallymassive amount of that white stuff. I heard that about a 100 miles North of me they got 14" yesterday. Now, that's something that will do some slowing the traffic down. :D

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Yesterdays high was 22........tomorriws high is supposed to be 62.......WTF.
Forcast is for lots of rain and wind Thursday. Better rain than snow.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I'll send a shovel if you need it.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
I here ya' Custer, I'm going to opt out of work tomorrow if the roads are bad. I hate driving with people who can't handle snow.
Wish I could do that, packing an overnight bag just in case I have to stay at work because of call offs.

I just really hope the snowplow driver doesnt hit the building again this year.

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
We're supposed to have snow flurries tomorrow down here in Fort Worth. Lol,I hope it freezes up...everything shuts down here when it does and I can stay home.:headspin:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
klauss said:
Wish I could do that, packing an overnight bag just in case I have to stay at work because of call offs.

I just really hope the snowplow driver doesnt hit the building again this year.
CNA??

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
STNA, basically the same thing, but I do less and get paid more.

Bad thing was last year we had a salt truck with dumping salt and the driver didn't realize with the thing up to dump the salt he would hit the overhang for the ambulance entrance.

Went a good 5 to 6 feet before he stopped, ripped up the pipes for the sprinkler syster which casued the fire alarms to go off and on all night. Had to pull a 16 hour shift that night becasue some people were afraid to drive in the snow.

The funny thing is were are not supposed to be allowed to call off due to weather, becasue we work in a medical facility.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
The reason I asked because the wife's a CNA and she runs into the same problems you mentioned. Since it's started snowing she always takes extra clothes. She works at a nursing home. They don't make you stay, but they're very nice people to work for and the wife don't mind helping them out in a pinch. Plus the time and a 1/2 is nice too.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is hitting right now. Started right at 7:00 a.m.

I am at work. Luckily, I am off tomorrow.

All of our drivers are heading out. They are under instructions to come back if their best assessment is that it is too dangerous. I am betting most will be back by noon and we may have to send folks home early.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I'm leaving at 12 today or maybe even earlier due to this stuff. It seems the salt put on the streets last night was not doing a complete job because of all the rain earlier.

At least that's how it was on my side of town.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
You guys in Ohio & WV be careful..........and good luck.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
You know what is crazy, they say we're going to most likely break a record with this snow fall that goes back to 1917?

We rarely get winter storms like this here, it's usually north or east of us.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
I'm leaving at 12 today or maybe even earlier due to this stuff. It seems the salt put on the streets last night was not doing a complete job because of all the rain earlier.

At least that's how it was on my side of town.
You West siders are sissies.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Sun is shing here so far, but I know it's short lived. We're probably about 2 hrs behind you guys.

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
Anyone hear from Columbus, it doesn't look to bad yet.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems to be moderating here at the moment but it has not stopped snowing.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts