Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a MAK-90 front end that still had the trunnion. Wanted to remove the barrel. Went to press out the barrel and noticed on one side where the barrel pin should be was completely smooth. On the other side the barrel pin was clearly visible. I assumed someone had peened the pin and ground smooth. Well after repeated attempts with a 12 ton press to get the pin out it is not moving, it actually started to put a trunnion shaped indentation into an aluminum press plate.Think someone welded the pin in place? Anyone encounter this before? If it is welded I guess I can grind the weld, my only concern would be if it would weaken the trunnion. Below is a pic of the smooth side of where the barrel pin should be.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Had a very similar experience with my Chinese 56-S when attempting to remove the FSB.

My guess is that its the normal press fit. The Chinese use a really tight tolerance, and you'll find all of the press fits are like this. Give up! Just drill it out and be done with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.