Gunco Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my desktop detached, so I can't take pics at the moment, but I got a Turk 38 from AIM today.

It's my Dad's Xmas present though. Pretty good shape, but covered in cosmo still.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Let us know how what condition it is in. I've bought and sold about a half dozen Turks and all of them have had the bore shot out. Maybe it's time for me to try another one. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pogo said:
Let us know how what condition it is in. I've bought and sold about a half dozen Turks and all of them have had the bore shot out. Maybe it's time for me to try another one. Good Luck.
My Dad has a Mexican Mauser barrel in 30.06 for this one already. He just re-barreled an M48 recently too because it was shot out. He likes to get these $69-$79 guns and make tack drivers out of them. You should see the results of his M44. From 12 inch groups to 2 inch with Chinese surplus at 100 yards. He has way more patience than I have yet.

I will report when I clean it in a few nights.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I paid the 10 buck "hand pick" fee and the Turk came with absolutely NO cosmoline and after cleaning the bore is 90%. I'm sitting here looking at it, and now I'm starting to worry that it has been restocked or arsenal refurbished or something. The metal is a dark blue/black - 95%+, don't think it is paint, and the stock is totally dry like it has been scraped or unissued. The serial numbers don't match bolt to receiver, and the crest on the receiver (dated 1940) is filled in with the metal finish and not "in the white". Outside of the bayonet and scabbord, it is in overall awesome shape, but I am kinda green and this may be too good to be true. :dunno:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My bayonet was or is a complete peice of trash if you ask me. I did not pay for handpick and I expected that. I sure wish I had time to clean it and mine is 1940 as well.

I know it sounds bad, but I can't wait to see what this thing will do with the 30.06 barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts