I can now carry w/o getting hauled off to the county pokey. :thumbup1:
:headspin: :hdbng: :rockin: :woo:
:punk: :woot: :hyper:
:band:
:2guns: :hndgun:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Congrats!!!! Well done. Everybody should have one. I guess that means I should get off my butt and go get one myself.

·
Registered
717 Posts
That's great D.B.

...tho living in the Workers' Paradise up there you really don't need one it would seem; maybe the times they are a changing. Course, I can see when you are out fising and you and a bear might not agree on just who's favorite fishing spot it is you are using. :)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
You mean,........everyone on here doesn't already have one?

Congrats DB

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Preacher said:
You mean,........everyone on here doesn't already have one?

Congrats DB
Not me..........I live in Maryland.:rolleyes:

Congrats DB..........wish I was able to do the same.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Not me either, I don't have the extra money and there is only one place it will benefit me, that's in my car or truck.

There is no store or business I can go in and carry while in there :dunno:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
...I can now carry w/o getting hauled off to the county pokey.
Depends on what you're carrying. You really need to get that kilo of Peruvian Blue Flake cocaine out of your glove box.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
...Everybody should have one...
Don't agree. I live where it's exceptionally easy to get one, and still don't. Some folks really shouldn't carry concealed weapons, and I'm one of them. When I get angry enough - which, fortunately, is almost vanishingly rare - good judgment and fear of death are entirely alien concepts. There's been a few times in my life that I was glad I wasn't armed.

But I do think that, with very rare exceptions, everyone should have the right to decide for themselves whether to do concealed carry or not.

If I were dictator, I'd eliminate concealed carry permits and instead have laws that penalize certain folks (e.g. folks convicted of violent felonies, Republicans, Texans, etc.) if they're caught with a concealed weapon. I see no need for a licensure system.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it is written in my states constitution, so it is done.

The only time i really needed one was when I lived in a really shitty neighborhood in Tacoma, but now Im in whitebread-suburbia.
Mostly now its just for the convience of not having to worry when going to and from shooting wheter or not a round got left in a mag somewhere.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
D.B.Cooper said:
...The only time i really needed one was when I lived in a really shitty neighborhood in Tacoma...
When I was playing starving college student in the San Francisco Bay area I lived in the wrong part of town - as starving college students tend to do. I used to carry a sturdy umbrella with me all the time. Fairly good weapon in a pinch, conspicuous enough (especially during droughts) to make you a lousy prospect for thugs trying to figure out which folks on the street to tyrannize, legal, and gives you that cool Neville Chamberlain look.

At that time, pre-Mace, I knew some women who carried a can of spray oven cleaner for personal defense. I thought that was a pretty good idea.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
At that time, pre-Mace, I knew some women who carried a can of spray oven cleaner for personal defense. I thought that was a pretty good idea.
Yeah...........never know when you might run into a dirty oven. :biggrin:

I know, I know............... I should be horse whipped.:eek:

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I had to pull a gun on a guy once and it wasn't even loaded.

I took my Dad'd .357 to work one night when I worked in Maintenance to fix the trigger and use the tools there. This was 1990? I was driving hom on a Sunday night at 12 AM when this guys starts following me. We get to the 4 lane and he tries to over take me and run me off the road at the same time. I did a crossover move on him and I take off. My car was much faster than his crappy S-10 truck and I ditched him. I had no idea what this guy was doing I just remember him turning in behind me at an intersection and I did not know him.

He catches up to me and I take off again, but this time there is no room to manuver as well. He's screaming and ranting while trying to put his right front fender in my door.

I realize I have a .357 revovler laying on the seat with the cylinder flipped open. I pick that sucker up and point it right out the window at him. He hit the brakes so fast smoke was rolling off his tires. I floored and he did a uey and went the other way.

I was really paranoid for a while there, but I never saw the guy again.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Don't shoot your eye out. ;)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Congrat's, and welcome to the club D.B!

Now only if I could control my temper......j/k;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
If I were dictator, I'd eliminate concealed carry permits and instead have laws that penalize certain folks (e.g. folks convicted of violent felonies, Republicans, Texans, etc.) if they're caught with a concealed weapon. I see no need for a licensure system.

I'm with you Smeg...I would prefer us Texans had open carry on the hip....it's pretty hards to conceal carry in the summer when all you want to do is run around in cut offs and a t-shirt.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
N/A said:
I'm with you Smeg...I would prefer us Texans had open carry on the hip....it's pretty hards to conceal carry in the summer when all you want to do is run around in cut offs and a t-shirt.
Texans are allowed to run around in nothing more than cut offs and a t-shirt?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts