Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't know what to do. I ordered something from someone that is well known on the boards and I have never heard anything derogatory about his business practices. I sent him a MO, not a postal one because I didn't think I needed to. He claimed he never got it, he told me he would attempt to confirm receipt of my MO but has not answered my IM's. I talked to the issuer of the MO and they said it had been cashed 9 days after I bought it. I was going to cancel it, but now it's too late. I understand that people get busy and can't sometimes do what they say they can or will. I want to post names and the like but I really want him to get back with me. I can order a copy of the endorcement for $10....maybe he just plain forgot me? But shit I make it a priority to take care of my internet gun board deals, I say I will buy, I send money, if I have it for sale, I describe it as accurately as possible and deliver as quickly as I can.....period!
Even if I get a copy if the endorcement, who is to say he will fess up, again maybe I fell thru the cracks, and all he needs is a reminder, what about the $10 endorcement charges, do I ask him for that, I think so. What's right is right. This kind of shit pisses me off....
This guy is well known, if he weren't I would have posted it on every board I am registered with, which I think is all of them.....(I want to be on)

What to do? What would you do?

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I would implore that person to double check his stuff and let him know you are not trying to screw him. Be very polite and business like and I guess you need to eat the cost of the endorsement to prove it. That would be the cost of doing business on the net. Maybe he got you confused with another buyer.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
How long has it been since you sent him the IM's?
Did you try to IM him through more than one board?
Have you tried email?
Snail mail to the addy you sent the MO to?
Does he have a lot of positive feedback on the various boards? any negatives?

I'm trying to give whoever it is the benifit of the doubt since you say he is well known, but some more info would be helpful.

If he is a member here, you can PM me some details, and I will try to help.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Can you check with the money order company to see who cashed it...maybe it wasn't him. Mail could have been stolen, who knows, make sure before you imply someone is being negligent.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
kevin_m4 said:
But he won't answer my IM's....I guess a few more days and wait, what's a few days when I have waited over a month.
IM me or 7.62x39 and we'll try to help. It might even be someone we know and I do know that one person has caused a small issue lately.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
How much money are we talking about?

If it is over $50 then I would pay the $10 to get a copy of the money order with signature, it will also have the ID # of the person that cashed it.
Then scan it in and send it to him.

Then when the person says He/she f_cked up then you tell them to include the $10 fee
If you can CONFIRM that the person is receiving your PM's or Emails AND they are not responding then BLAST away.

If the person is on Gunsnet, it may be possible that their PM's no longer function if they are a non-contributor (don't know how long ago the deal was done)

I have done MANY deals and would never screw anyone on purpose.
BUT it could happen that someone slips through the cracks.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked the MO issuer if they could tell me where it was cashed, they said NO.
Again I am not saying this guy is trying to screw me, it may very well be an error, thats why I am not mentioning names yet. It could be that I did fall thru the cracks like I said. You all would know immediately if I said what the item was, he is that well known.
I am and have been giving the benefit of the doubt, possibly it was stolen, possibly he just got mixed up, possibly a UFO took him away to do nasty things to him, everyone is human and can make an error.
I will search the thread over there and see if any other "problems" are occuring..
it's almost a $100 and the worse part is I didn't even need the item, I just wanted to have one........thanks for the replies, I always want some other thoughts because sometimes "green" clouds my vision...
I "think" he is a contributor there, I will check that too, but I am sure I got a PM since they changed it over there.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
spend the $10 and get a "cashed" copy.
Then contact the "other guy"

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I know that I don't cash MO's or do PayPal transfers until I "KNOW" that the person got what they ordered. It prevents a lot of problems.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
let us know if you get a copy and are able to get a name. I not asking for a name but it would be intresting to know if it was stolen or not.

·
Administrator
7,143 Posts
This is a curious thing. Please keep us posted and I hope that this gets resolved quickly. Was this item listed for sale here or at another gun board?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
$10 is the price of doing business on the internet but I for one as the seller would pay the $10. If it was cashed then the seller either messed up or the m/o was stolen and I for one would want to clear my name.

DrugRunR,
It wont neccessarily have any ID numbers on it, I have cashed so many m/o's and checks at my bank that they dont even ask me any questions any more.

Scott

·
Registered
522 Posts
Contact him and nicely ask him if he will pay the $10 if you find he cashed it. If he has any honor he will pay the $10 if it is HIS mistake. Tell him that if he didn't cash it then you will pay. That would be a reasonable solution

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, i don't know what happened, but..I posted in the thread over there to ask him if he found it (first post of mine in the thread) and he stated he found my MO and will be shipping what I bought. If I wasn't busy this morning at work I would have already bought another money order for the $10 and sent the request for the endorcement (I already had the letter written and the stamped envelope ready to go) so maybe I can peel the stamp off and use it on something else....at least it should be over now..........well if it get's here?/????/
Thanks to everyone who commented, it made me feel better... [/group hug\]

now, if I can get RPD to send me a correct FCG to replace the wrong one they sent, harbor freight to ship an item they lost and POF to send me my PTR-K I ordered.....I have had hell with several of my orders lately, I had to fight with a guy in England for a month to get my money back, call HF ten times, call RPD 4 times, POF isn't due till tomorrow........damn and I told another guy I wanted to buy a scope, he hasn't got back to me yet........I never had a problem till the end of the ban, everyone seems too busy now. Must be a nice problem to have?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The main thing is to "not get to excited about it".

Calm down and things will get better for you.

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
really, I am a pretty calm guy. I have let myself be taken advantage of too many times, usually by the women in my life and my employees. But as I have gotten older I have felt more of a need to become more assertive towards things like this, and not until the "fat lady" sings do I "go off", so as of yet, all is well. But the way I look at almost all things in my life, "there's right and there's wrong", and to not take care of business is wrong, I do and I expect that from those I do business with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts