Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newest baby was accepted by the receptionist at Colt this morning from UPS. She's in for a checkup and a makeover or maybe even an extreme makeover, depends on the price when they send me the estimate ;)

It was a bit of a decision on wether or not to ship it in. The finish on the gun is beat and there's ghosting left from some pretty evil rust on one side of the barrel and one side of the trigger guard. Very little patina to make it worth keeping original, it was just begging for a refinish job. I did a bit of research and the general feeling was you can't do any better than having a genuine factory finish after they do the job. Colts prices aren't out of line for what's being done and we'll have to see what else they'd like to do to her. If an action job is reasonable we'll see about that too :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
What did you send them to fix or as we say make better. I sent them a Anaconda back for a locking up cylinder when firing double action. It came back smooth as silk. I traded it in on a Beretta 96. I then traded that off too. My favorite pistol is my new 70 series 1911 I bought last year.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Colt's refinish work is top notch from what I hear. Nothing like breathing new life into an old tired looking war-horse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts