Gunco Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said I'd be offline for a few days. Yesterday some family members said they were coming for Christmas. I shut down my PC, cleaned the place from one end to the other, laid in one heck of a bunch of groceries and goodies. Now they called and said they are canceling.
Oh well, me and a certain Dog are gonna feast on ham and turkey. It would have been nice to have company for Christmas, but such is life.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
You've always got us Lupe, Merry Christmas

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Lupeloff said:
I said I'd be offline for a few days. Yesterday some family members said they were coming for Christmas. I shut down my PC, cleaned the place from one end to the other, laid in one heck of a bunch of groceries and goodies. Now they called and said they are canceling.
Oh well, me and a certain Dog are gonna feast on ham and turkey. It would have been nice to have company for Christmas, but such is life.
Sorry about that Lupe. I feel bad for you. We will be here to cheer you up.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I live alone, and while I'm in a relationship now I haven't always been. I'm not that big on the holidays, don't get the lonely blues or anything, but if I didn't plan adequately I did find it to be a real annoyance that restaurants and grocery stores close on Christmas so more than once I found myself having a scrumptuous Christmas dinner comprised of what I could get at 7-11.

No longer a problem since I moved to Nevada. Nothing ever closes here.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Sorry about that Lupe. I feel bad for you.
No don't feel bad, Buddy and I love ham and turkey.:) :)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Lupeloff said:
No don't feel bad, Buddy and I love ham and turkey.:) :)
That's a good way to look at it. I have the opposite problem. My mom invited herself and my stepfather to dinner at my house. AHHHHHHHHH! No!! Not my mother!!!! At X-mas!!!! AARRRGHHHH! LOL!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I feel for yah.. It will just be me and my bottle of wild turkey, drowning away another lonley christmas.. I may have a frozen pizza??

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sometimes I wish I could just skip the in-laws get together. My mother in-law has 14 grandchildren! 8 of them are under 4 years of age. Hey lupe, would you like to go in my place?

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA'LL!!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
We will have a small gathering but it is great.

I have invited one of my buddies to join us who is going through a divorce and won't have his kids for Christmas Day.

He will get to visit his perfect Krag rifle which I have been keeping here for him while he untangles his marriage finances.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
In typical European tradition we celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. On the Eve the whole family gathers for dinner, which we do at my in-laws house and some friends who have no relatives in town attend as well, in all about 30 or 40 people show up, then Christmas Day they all come to my house which is about 4 city blocks away from the in-laws and we have a great time with food, wine and gift exchanges. All are welcome to my house that day, so you all can still catch a flight.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
mike26038 said:
I feel for yah.. It will just be me and my bottle of wild turkey, drowning away another lonley christmas.. I may have a frozen pizza??
There's no excuse for that Mike. You're close enough to head to my place or Cephus's!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
We get together Christmas Eve for dinner. Always turkey. My wife gives everyone new pajamas which all of us are expected to wear the next day when they come over for opening presents. This now includes my son in law. This is a throw back to when the kids were little but we keep the tradition up and is good for some laughs.

My son spends Christmas Eve here even though he has his own place. My daughter did the same until she got married.

We open presents and they have ham dinner in the mid afternoon although my wife will also cook a small turkey breast because my daughter does not like ham.

Most years a lot of the kid's old friends show up to say hello which is always a treat to see how they have grown up, married, kids and whatnot. It is a lot of fun to see grown men and women that I have known since they were in elementary school.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts