1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man Admits Hate Crime Attack Was False

POSTED: 3:59 pm CST December 27, 2004
UPDATED: 10:27 am CST December 28, 2004

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Police said a 22-year-old man was charged with filing a false report about a hate crime.

Floyd Elliott, of Independence, told police that on Dec. 14, two subjects attacked him in the parking lot of his apartment complex. He said the attackers cut him in the stomach, branded him with a hot knife, and attempted to carve the word "***" on his forehead.

Investigators were suspicious about the report because the head carving was backwards, as if done while looking into a mirror.
Later, Elliott admitted to police that the injuries were self-inflicted. He said he falsely reported the attack to increase the police presence in his neighborhood.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Stupidity knows no bounds.:rolleyes:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Did they throw this jerk in jail? Doubt it.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
They will probably charge him for filing false police reports. It really makes me mad when people do things like this.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I don't think the guy needs to do hard time or anything, but I do think 30 days in the county hotel would be in order.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I say they just rub some indelible ink into the wound so it becomes a tattoo and let it go at that.

More seriously...

I presume that filing a false police report is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine and no more than a year in the county jail.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be a long year in jail with *** carved into your forehead even if it is backwards....

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Custer said:
Could be a long year in jail with *** carved into your forehead even if it is backwards....
If he is a *** he might enjoy that year in jail.:wink:

·
Registered
717 Posts
If he made the stupid mistake of using a mirror to carve "***" into his own forehead....would that make him guilty of commiting a "GAF"...?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Oh, most excellent and most horrid pun, N/A. I bow to the master!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts