Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are you planning for your next outting?

Im getting together with a few people and planning a flotilla safari for this spring down the Satsop or Cowlitz rivers. Planning on bringing fishing poles, shotguns(not to mention drybags to keep the moisture off and keep them afloat in case of capsize), and a metric ton of beer. Hopefully we can do a three-day two nighter, but getting a handful of people's work and family schedules set up to coincide is quite a trick.
Theres also the logistics of dropping off a car for the pull-out and weather to think about.
:thumbup1:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hopefully I'll be doing a little ice fishing in the next few weeks. I have two lakes within a mile of the house and with temps getting below zero, it won't take long to freeze over. Fresh trout??? Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Probably into the North Cascades this summer......I've gotten the kids used to camping, now, we get into backpacking in, for some real roughing it.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I've got a fishing trip in Florida planned in a couple of months. A friend and I are going to charter a boat and go deep sea fishing for about a week.

And, in July or August my wife and I plan on a two week camping/kayaking vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We go to an area where we might not hear or see anyone for a couple of days unless we head into a small town to buy supplies.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What are you palnning for your next outting?

If I am having a good day I might make it to Wal-Mart.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
mike26038 said:
No doubt there.. Pick me up on your way to that lake..
Actually Mike, if that's the same pic I think it is, that fish was pulled out of the Ohio River somewhere in your neck of the woods. A guy I know at the welding shop has either that pic or one very similiar and it was a buddy of his that caught it. If that's not the same fish I seen, it's his twin brother.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
"What are you palnning for your next outting?"

I'm planning on waiting 'til it's warm!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
"What are you palnning for your next outting?"

I'm planning on waiting 'til it's warm!
ditto---we normally start making trips to the lake in March sometimes April--depends on the wind. I'm having withdrawls bad........I miss the lake

·
Registered
554 Posts
DB, I like to get involved in the Flotilla. I'm in Oregon and would have to buy a guest fishing license. Give me some dates? I have 10 footer boat that would be good on the river, as long as there weren't killer rapids.

I already beat the crap out of her on the rocks on the Upper Clackamas River in Oregon.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Looks like I'll be floating in Oregon. ;)

Just bought the fishing license. Waiting for a couple more rainy days until I head to a couple of the local rivers here.

As an aside, I'd really like to do some crabbing and clamming this year.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Carl(?), We haven't decided on an exact date yet, but we are shooting for the second half of May. That's when things aren't as crappy up here and there's more time for people to take time off work.

I read a deal on this dude who went along the Nuke side and picked berries and made them into jam, which he sent to the Governor and the head of the DOE.
I guess the next day they cut down those bushes, shipped them to Kentucky in lead-lined concrete coffins, incinerated them then shipped the ashes to Nevada for burial.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yup, that's me.

Man, I can imagine some scary fish in those waters. Hope nobody says "we're going to need a bigger boat."

Hmm, had to post this twice.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright! Its this weekend!
Meet up at Vernita Bridge boatlaunch Friday Evening, launch after breakfast Saturday morning, camping on Locke Island (or other suitable site) Saturday night then onto the hatchery Sunday for pullout.

BYO-
boat beer bottle food gear tent etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts