Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gun thing has for me spawned off another hobby. I have an excellent place to shoot but if it's been raining and there's mud, my Volvo just won't make it.
So, I had to get something to get me there and play in the mud.

What has it done for you?​

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'd have to say that reloading has come to be a fun hobby for me, and goes right together well with shooting... I've often reloaded for friends, taking thier gun with me to brew up a load just for a specific weapon. some of them like a certain bullet to use for hunting, and can't find reasonably priced factory loads with them, so they order a box, and bring them to me, gun in hand to work some loads up for them. I'll give them five of this, five of that, and tell them to record the ones that shoot best. when they come back, we make up a bunch. lots-o-fun.:rockin:

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about reloading. It always seemed like some fun. Although I always shoot 7.62x39 or 5.56 so the expense of the equipment out-weighed me buying it by the thousands.
I do like your idea of getting together and making some loads then testing out what's best for each individual.
Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, reloading has been one of the benefits. Making friends, something I haven't always been adept at, has been another perk. Also it's gotten me more interested in history, specifically the history of small arms development, and any knowledge of history is good.

The only sure thing you get from guns tho is a mounting debt, an appreciation of your UPS man, and an angry wife. :D

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Getting on forums like this was spawned from my shooting hobby. Prior to 9-11 I had never looked at a gunboard. Up to that point I had one AK left and I wanted to know more and that is how the other place was found.

Back in the early 90's I had a collection of about 25 guns. I sold almost all of them except 3 to buy a car and then some to get married. Since December of 2001 I have that number back to almost 25 again.

·
Registered
681 Posts
yeah, it is alot of fun, Kevin, and you don't really have to spend a boatload on a high-dollar progressive press and all the best of stuff... I think I bought my "starter kit" for around 200 bucks, and it's made by Redding, which is pretty good stuff. Lee sells a good kit for around 150 bucks, and you can find kits as low as 100 bucks, with everything you need to get started. what prompted me to reload was buying a magnum rifle. decent ammo can be as high as 35 bucks or more for 20. so I started making my own, and they are much higher in quality to boot!!!:rockin:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Dzerzhinsky said:
Human taxidermy.
LMAO, I didn't think people had thick enough hides.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
LMAO, I didn't think people had thick enough hides.
You'd be surprised.... I knew a guy that had a lamp shade made from human skin. His uncle was an SS officer in WW2 and those people were hardcore racist of the type I never thought I would meet in my life. Luckily I broke up with that girl who was not a racist and her own dad called her an N lover.

Wonderful family, eh?

Kevin, It looked like a good one that could come back, but I had no idea I would be posting about human skin lamp shades :dunno:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Sad as this may be, my video gaming and gun interests influence each other. Not in a Trenchcoat mafia kind of way, but I love playing first person shooters and usually try to play with comblock weapons. My idea for my custom Romak III came from a gun that is in a mod of Ghost Recon. Likewise I'd love to be able program up my own weapon mods and insert my underfolder RPK74 into the game, along with Romak III's AMD-63/65's, CZ-52's, ect.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I pick up all sorts of hobbies. All kinds of shooting, reloading, camping, 4 wheeling, ATVing, you name it. Don't do golf or playing with any kind of balls unless I can shoot at them though. :D

·
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love first person shooter games, ghost recon is great, I have the first two, but I love Halo. My kids were with me for the last week and we played Halo and Halo2 till late almost every nite. Fabulous games.

I was wondering about the human taxidermy and now the human skin lamp shades....where will my suburban lead to next?

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
kevin_m4 said:
I love first person shooter games, ghost recon is great, I have the first two, but I love Halo. My kids were with me for the last week and we played Halo and Halo2 till late almost every nite. Fabulous games.

I was wondering about the human taxidermy and now the human skin lamp shades....where will my suburban lead to next?
Do you have Ghost Recon for the PC?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts